Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > Hardware > New Firewall needed/PIX outdated?

New Firewall needed/PIX outdated?

velocityjohn velocityjohn is offline
Junior Member

I am told that Cisco will no longer release updates to the PIX firewall that we have and that I have to purchase a new firewall. True?
Thx
JAF

laf laf is offline
Junior Member

Pix appliances are for some time no longer supported; just keep it running the present level, and in the future Cisco wants you to go for ASA appliances, which are to take over all PIX equipments.