Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Pictures and graphics

Pictures and graphics

Helpful person

I'm looking for a good (preferably free) picture manager for pictures
and graphics that I wish to post on the web. I presently use a
combination of Corel Draw 10, Microsoft Paint and Microsoft Office
Picture Manager. These are just adequate but are not really good
tools. Any suggestions?

www.richardfisher.com

Jonathan N. Little

Helpful person wrote:
> I'm looking for a good (preferably free) picture manager for pictures
> and graphics that I wish to post on the web. I presently use a
> combination of Corel Draw 10, Microsoft Paint and Microsoft Office
> Picture Manager. These are just adequate but are not really good
> tools. Any suggestions?

What kind of "management" are you looking for?

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

Helpful person

On Jun 22, 11:44*am, "Jonathan N. Little" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

> What kind of "management" are you looking for?
>
> --
> Take care,
>
> Jonathan
> -------------------
> LITTLE WORKS STUDIOhttp://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

Just editing (cropping mainly), compression, file conversion, adding
transparency. Fairly simple stuff.

www.richardfisher.com

David Segall

>Helpful person wrote:
>> I'm looking for a good (preferably free) picture manager for pictures
>> and graphics that I wish to post on the web. I presently use a
>> combination of Corel Draw 10, Microsoft Paint and Microsoft Office
>> Picture Manager. These are just adequate but are not really good
>> tools. Any suggestions?

>What kind of "management" are you looking for?

What kinds of management are available? I currently use the "managers"
that came with Picassa and my scanner. Apart from the irritating Adobe
Photo Downloader that intervenes every time I connect my mobile phone
to my computer they all seem similar. What features might I look for?

SAZ

In article <0d20a064-5ab3-45c9-87c2-5ccf373849a1
@r33g2000yqn.googlegroups.com>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) says...
> On Jun 22, 11:44=A0am, "Jonathan N. Little" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
> >
> > What kind of "management" are you looking for?
> >
> > --
> > Take care,
> >
> > Jonathan
> > -------------------
> > LITTLE WORKS STUDIOhttp://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

> Just editing (cropping mainly), compression, file conversion, adding
> transparency. Fairly simple stuff.
>
> www.richardfisher.com

Photoshop is the best, but very expensive.

If not for the transparency issue, I would suggest Xnview or Irfanview.
They are both free, fast and easy to use.

For one free program that will do everything, try The Gimp.

Jonathan N. Little

Helpful person wrote:
> On Jun 22, 11:44 am, "Jonathan N. Little" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>> What kind of "management" are you looking for?

Well, Your CroelDraw10 has PHOTO-Paint, no? PHOTO-Paint has always been
my preference over Photoshop.

If you want a simple convention tool, your cannot paint edit, but crop,
filter, convert and has programmable batch operations then I would
recommend freeware IrfanView

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

Raymond Schmit

On Mon, 22 Jun 2009 11:48:59 -0500, SAZ <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>In article <0d20a064-5ab3-45c9-87c2-5ccf373849a1
>@r33g2000yqn.googlegroups.com>, (E-Mail Removed) says...
>> On Jun 22, 11:44=A0am, "Jonathan N. Little" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:
>> >
>> > What kind of "management" are you looking for?
>> >
>> > --
>> > Take care,
>> >
>> > Jonathan
>> > -------------------
>> > LITTLE WORKS STUDIOhttp://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

>> Just editing (cropping mainly), compression, file conversion, adding
>> transparency. Fairly simple stuff.
>>
>> www.richardfisher.com
>>

>Photoshop is the best, but very expensive.
>
>If not for the transparency issue, I would suggest Xnview or Irfanview.
>They are both free, fast and easy to use.
>
>For one free program that will do everything, try The Gimp.

If you save in .gif, Irfanview ask you which color must be used for
the transparency color.

Nik Coughlin

"Helpful person" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm looking for a good (preferably free) picture manager for pictures
> and graphics that I wish to post on the web. I presently use a
> combination of Corel Draw 10, Microsoft Paint and Microsoft Office
> Picture Manager. These are just adequate but are not really good
> tools. Any suggestions?
>
> www.richardfisher.com

Paint .NET is quite nice and straightforward

Jan C. Faerber

On 22 Jun., 17:46, Helpful person <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > What kind of "management" are you looking for?

> > Jonathan

> Just editing (cropping mainly), compression, file conversion, adding
> transparency. *Fairly simple stuff.

After a brief look at OpenOffice.org Draw I decided to post it aswell.
I found an export feature and there should be much more.

Travis Newbury

On Jun 22, 11:16*am, Helpful person <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I'm looking for a good (preferably free) picture manager for pictures
> and graphics that I wish to post on the web. *I presently use a
> combination of Corel Draw 10, Microsoft Paint and Microsoft Office
> Picture Manager. *These are just adequate but are not really good
> tools. *Any suggestions?
>
> www.richardfisher.com

For images google "Free stock images" you will find several sites that
offer free images. My favorite being: http://www.sxc.hu/index.phtml

For image editing/manipulation. The best (disputably) is Photoshop,
but free would be gimp, irfanview, or google "free imaging software"
and you will find a ton of them.