Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > The only way to clean your HDD

The only way to clean your HDD

Rod Speed

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote
> Martin <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
>> Ian D wrote
>>> GreenXenon <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote

>>> A load of buckshot from a 10 gauge at close range should do a good job.

>> thermite!

> That would do the trick and the stuff is very easy to make.

> Iron oxide (Fe 2O 3 or Fe3O 4 ) with aluminum metal is the classic
> thermite mixture. The particle size of the aluminum should be
> somewhat coarse to prevent the reaction from being too rapid.

> it's just the major problem with most thermites is getting
> them to ignite, and a strong first fire is usually needed.

It isnt that hard
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermite#Ignition

Pointless tho, a decent security wipe works fine with a drive that has no spared sectors.

Man-wai Chang to The Door (+MS=32B)

> The only way to eliminate information on your hard disc drive is the
> heat the platters beyond Curie point. This will ensure all data is
> completely and permanently lost.
>
> Don't let the Central Security Service oppress you. If you feel they
> are on your case, then burn up your HDD platters. There is no other
> way out.

You don't need to heat it. Just scratch the platter, grind them!

BTW, are you fighting a war?

--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/( _ )\ (Ubuntu 9.04) Linux 2.6.29.5

Jeff Strickland

"GreenXenon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi:
>
> There are so many ads for softwares that claim to completely erase
> your HDD. Don't listen to them.

If you didn't keep so much kiddie porn, you wouldn't have to worry about
stuff like this.

- Bobb -

I feel like this is "Groundhog Day" ?

"GreenXenon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi:
>
> There are so many ads for softwares that claim to completely erase
> your HDD. Don't listen to them.
>
> The only way to eliminate information on your hard disc drive is the
> heat the platters beyond Curie point. This will ensure all data is
> completely and permanently lost.
>
> Don't let the Central Security Service oppress you. If you feel they
> are on your case, then burn up your HDD platters. There is no other
> way out.
>

> Good luck

Rod Speed

Man-wai Chang to The Door (+MS=32B) wrote:

>> The only way to eliminate information on your hard disc drive is the heat the platters beyond Curie point. This will
>> ensure all data is completely and permanently lost.

>> Don't let the Central Security Service oppress you. If you feel they are on your case, then burn up your HDD
>> platters. There is no other way out.

> You don't need to heat it. Just scratch the platter, grind them!

> BTW, are you fighting a war?

Only with the voices in his head and the black helicopters.