Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > How to secure yourself from the Central Security Service

How to secure yourself from the Central Security Service

Martin

Rod Speed wrote:

> I didnt say there was any NVRAM in those, child.

him: >> 1. Make sure your computer does NOT have any NVRAM

me: > > I remember those days.

you: Nope.

So what WERE you saying then?

GreenXenon

On Jun 20, 11:19 pm, "Rod Speed" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> GreenXenon wrote

> > Also, the MAC addy should be completely dynamic. IOW,
> > each time the power is offed, the network card should generate
> > a completely new MAC addy and have no trace of the old one.

> Its completely trivial to work out what MAC addresses you have used.

Yeah but they wouldn't know it's me using those MAC addresses. At
least not immediately.

GreenXenon

On Jun 21, 12:18 am, "PeeCee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "GreenXenon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> > Hi:

> > Here is how to secure yourself against the evil Central Security
> > Service:

> > 1. Make sure your computer does NOT have any NVRAM

> > 2. Make sure your MAC addy is dynamic

> > 3. Access the internet via a publicly-available wireless access point
> > -- such as an internet cafe

> Where they can set up a packet scanner and log everything you send and
> recieve.
> Don't forget they don't have to have access to the Cafe, all they have to do
> is put the packet sniffer in at the Exchange/Cable cabinet.
> You will be easy enough to pick up from your 'Signature'

What is my "signature"?

Eric Gisin

Do not feed the schizo troll.

"GreenXenon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi:
>
> Here is how to secure yourself against the evil Central Security
> Service:
>
> 1. Make sure your computer does NOT have any NVRAM
>
> 2. Make sure your MAC addy is dynamic
>
> 3. Access the internet via a publicly-available wireless access point
> -- such as an internet cafe
>
> 4. Use a very powerful and sensitive wireless transmitter/receiver for
> the internet so that you can use the access point from at least 1/4
> mile away.
>
> Now run along and have fun on the net w/out oppression from the
> worthless POS Central Security Service dirtbags.
>

> Best of luck

Rod Speed

GreenXenon wrote
> Rod Speed <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
>> GreenXenon wrote

>>> Also, the MAC addy should be completely dynamic. IOW,
>>> each time the power is offed, the network card should generate
>>> a completely new MAC addy and have no trace of the old one.

>> Its completely trivial to work out what MAC addresses you have used.

> Yeah but they wouldn't know it's me using those MAC addresses.

Corse they do.

> At least not immediately.

Wrong, as always.

Rod Speed

Martin wrote
> Rod Speed wrote

>> I didnt say there was any NVRAM in those, child.

> him: >> 1. Make sure your computer does NOT have any NVRAM

> me: > > I remember those days.

> you: Nope.

> So what WERE you saying then?

I was clearly saying that you were remembering it wrong.

And I never ever said that there werent days when computers had no NVRAM, of course there were.

You carefully deleted from the quoting what I said you remembered wrong.

GreenXenon

On Jun 21, 10:58 am, "Rod Speed" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> GreenXenon wrote

> > Rod Speed <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote

> >> GreenXenon wrote

> >> Its completely trivial to work out what MAC addresses you have used.

> > Yeah but they wouldn't know it's me using those MAC addresses.

> Corse they do.

How?

Rod Speed

GreenXenon wrote
> Rod Speed <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
>> GreenXenon wrote
>>> Rod Speed <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote

>>> Yeah but they wouldn't know it's me using those MAC addresses.

>> Corse they do.

> How?

If I told you that I'd have to kill you. Again.

GreenXenon

On Jun 21, 2:51 pm, "Rod Speed" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> GreenXenon wrote

> > Rod Speed <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote

> >> GreenXenon wrote

> >> Corse they do.

> > How?

> If I told you that I'd have to kill you. Again.

You always say that. Just tell me and get it over with.

Jeff Strickland

"GreenXenon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Jun 21, 2:51 pm, "Rod Speed" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> GreenXenon wrote

>> > Rod Speed <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote

>> > How?

>> If I told you that I'd have to kill you. Again.

> You always say that. Just tell me and get it over with.

Just kill him and get over with. Sheesh!