Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > no time sync via wifi?

no time sync via wifi?

Linea Recta

I have installed Speaking Clock, both on PC (Windows XP) and on laptop
(Vista).
On PC, which is wired to router, I can use the time synchronizing function.
But on laptop, connected by wifi to router, I keep getting message:
"synchronisation failed."
I have used the same settings, the same firewall and use the same time
server. (europe.pool.ntp.org)

Who knows advice?

--
regards,

|\ /|
| \/ |@rk
\../
\/os

Jack [MVP-Networking]

Hi
I doubt that it has to do any thing with the Wireless.
Check the services on the computer and make sure that the Time service is
On.
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

"Linea Recta" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have installed Speaking Clock, both on PC (Windows XP) and on laptop
>(Vista).
> On PC, which is wired to router, I can use the time synchronizing
> function.
> But on laptop, connected by wifi to router, I keep getting message:
> "synchronisation failed."
> I have used the same settings, the same firewall and use the same time
> server. (europe.pool.ntp.org)
>
> Who knows advice?
>

> --
> regards,
>
> |\ /|
> | \/ |@rk
> \../
> \/os

Linea Recta

"Jack [MVP-Networking]" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
> I doubt that it has to do any thing with the Wireless.
> Check the services on the computer and make sure that the Time service is
> On.
> Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

It is on.

--