Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Re: For traveling: Notebook with monitor 9" or 10"?

Re: For traveling: Notebook with monitor 9" or 10"?

Jeff Strickland

The keyboard is starting to get very small at that size, and actually typing
on it becomes problematic if you have large hands.

"AroundTheWorld" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi, I'd like to know your suggestion, please.
> I'd like to buy a small noteboook or an eeePC and I will use it only
> for traveling. I like a 9" monitor for its compactness but I am afraid
> it will give me more side effects than a 10" notebook (on the sight).
> What is your opnion, please?
> tahnks

Paul

AroundTheWorld wrote:
>> The keyboard is starting to get very small at that size, and actually typing
>> on it becomes problematic if you have large hands.

> I'm sorry but I don't understand ...... "very small at that size". Do
> you mean 9" is too much small? Or 10" too.

Have you considered visiting a place like Best Buy, for a test drive ?
For screens or keyboards, I'd want to see them in person.

Paul

Jeff Strickland

"AroundTheWorld" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >The keyboard is starting to get very small at that size, and actually
> >typing
>>on it becomes problematic if you have large hands.

> I'm sorry but I don't understand ...... "very small at that size". Do
> you mean 9" is too much small? Or 10" too.

That's for you to decide.

You raised the issue of the display, but the keyboard is a very serious
consideration too. Take both for a test drive.

Jeff Strickland

news:h1i96n$s4l$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
> AroundTheWorld wrote:
>>> The keyboard is starting to get very small at that size, and actually
>>> typing on it becomes problematic if you have large hands.

>> I'm sorry but I don't understand ...... "very small at that size". Do
>> you mean 9" is too much small? Or 10" too.

> Have you considered visiting a place like Best Buy, for a test drive ?
> For screens or keyboards, I'd want to see them in person.
>
> Paul

Paul is absolutely correct. Go to Best Buy, Frys, even Costco, and try them
out. Then go online and buy one, or simply pick one up at the store because
after you pay shipping, it's gonna cost the same online as at the store
anyhow and you have it on the same day.