Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSA > Come back & leave your comment after you do the 70-290 exam

Come back & leave your comment after you do the 70-290 exam

DebB

I'm going to do the 70-290 exam soon. I understand that it's not reasonable
to tell me the exact contents of the exam, and you should not do so, however
I'm hoping that someone can come back to me and give me some general idea on
the overall weight of question content. For example, were there a lot of
questions on MS Backup ? What area was covered extensively and had more
questions than other areas? Were there many questions on IIS?

Did you have to do any of the hands on virtual server type of exercises?
These are like sitting in front of the server console and performing the
process for real.

Perhaps this will give the rest of us a leg up on our last minute study
preparation, even though the questions can change without notice.

Thanks in advance and good luck with your exam!!!
--
DebB
MCDST | MCITP

JohnB

There was a LOT on folder and file permissions. Know those well. Some on
backups. Know the different types of backups and you'll be ok.

Honestly? 70-290 was not that hard.
70-291, now THAT was a hard exam!!
Prepare well for 290, and some of that will carry over to 291... and you'll
be glad you did.

Good luck

"DebB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> I'm going to do the 70-290 exam soon. I understand that it's not
> reasonable
> to tell me the exact contents of the exam, and you should not do so,
> however
> I'm hoping that someone can come back to me and give me some general idea
> on
> the overall weight of question content. For example, were there a lot of
> questions on MS Backup ? What area was covered extensively and had more
> questions than other areas? Were there many questions on IIS?
>
> Did you have to do any of the hands on virtual server type of exercises?
> These are like sitting in front of the server console and performing the
> process for real.
>
> Perhaps this will give the rest of us a leg up on our last minute study
> preparation, even though the questions can change without notice.
>
> Thanks in advance and good luck with your exam!!!
> --
> DebB
> MCDST | MCITP

DebB

Thanks so much John. Sounds like you passed! If so, congrats. I'll be sure to
follow your advice and I do appreciate it.
--
DebB - MCDST

"JohnB" wrote:

> There was a LOT on folder and file permissions. Know those well. Some on
> backups. Know the different types of backups and you'll be ok.
>
> Honestly? 70-290 was not that hard.
> 70-291, now THAT was a hard exam!!
> Prepare well for 290, and some of that will carry over to 291... and you'll
> be glad you did.
>
> Good luck
>

> "DebB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> > I'm going to do the 70-290 exam soon. I understand that it's not
> > reasonable
> > to tell me the exact contents of the exam, and you should not do so,
> > however
> > I'm hoping that someone can come back to me and give me some general idea
> > on
> > the overall weight of question content. For example, were there a lot of
> > questions on MS Backup ? What area was covered extensively and had more
> > questions than other areas? Were there many questions on IIS?
> >
> > Did you have to do any of the hands on virtual server type of exercises?
> > These are like sitting in front of the server console and performing the
> > process for real.
> >
> > Perhaps this will give the rest of us a leg up on our last minute study
> > preparation, even though the questions can change without notice.
> >
> > Thanks in advance and good luck with your exam!!!
> > --
> > DebB
> > MCDST | MCITP

Chris Hardy

I'm prepping for 290 and have been using the Press books & Virtual PC to
practice everything, within the last couple of months I've been able to earn
my MCTS(620) & MCITP(623). By doing so I passed my last exam and only missed
one question, I plan on taking 290 within a month or so followed by 291 and
so on. I found it to be good practice to be able to setup everything on the
Virtual PC so when the book does an example or project I can see & do
anything that needs to be done.
Best of luck