Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Intellipoint & Intellitype 7 for Vista & Windows 7

Intellipoint & Intellitype 7 for Vista & Windows 7

Dominic Payer

Available from
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/do...px?category=MK

R. C. White

Hi, Dominic.

Thank you!

My Microsoft Wireless Laser Desktop 6000 has some issues with versions 6.3,
which I've reported to Microsoft and they are working on. Maybe these new
drivers will cure them.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

"Dominic Payer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Available from
> http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/do...px?category=MK

Carlos

R.C.,
Most of my (old) Wireless Desktop 6000 issues have been hardware related.
I think this is the third, or fourth, motherboard that I use with it and
have had different issues and my issues have changed from mobo to mobo.
Luckily, my current mobo, has no issues with my wireless set. It is a
Gigabyte GA-MA770-UD3.
Issues I have had:
- Keyboard/Mouse freezing, had to press reset. Keyboard/Mouse would not work
during the following boots, but would work within the OS.
Workaround: Power off completely, unplug USB for a while. Plug everythig
back. Power on.
- Keyboard/Mouse always not working during boot when connected to USB. Had
to use the PS/2 adaptar.
- And the list goes on.
Now all those issues are gone for good with my last motherboard.
Carlos

"R. C. White" wrote:

> Hi, Dominic.
>
> Thank you!
>
> My Microsoft Wireless Laser Desktop 6000 has some issues with versions 6.3,
> which I've reported to Microsoft and they are working on. Maybe these new
> drivers will cure them.
>
> RC
> --
> R. C. White, CPA
> San Marcos, TX
> (E-Mail Removed)
> Microsoft Windows MVP
> Windows Live Mail 2009 (14.0.8064.0206) in Win7 Ultimate x64 RC 7100
>
> "Dominic Payer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Available from
> > http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/do...px?category=MK

Kue2

Excellent!!

"Dominic Payer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Available from
> http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/do...px?category=MK

R. C. White

Hi, Carlos.

I've had some of those issues. My mobo/CPU was new in December 2006, when I
rebuilt my system to install the new Vista RTM:
Mobo: EPoX MF570sli - Sadly, EPoX has gone out of business in the 2 years
since.
BIOS Version/Date Phoenix Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG, 8/1/2006
CPU: Processor AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+, 2612 Mhz, 2
Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)

And my mouse/keyboard are both Microsoft Wireless Laser 6000; mouse says
v.2.0, keyboard v.3.0. See below.

> - Keyboard/Mouse freezing, had to press reset. Keyboard/Mouse would not
> work
> during the following boots, but would work within the OS.

Yes, I've had that a few times. :>(

> Workaround: Power off completely, unplug USB for a while. Plug everythig
> back. Power on.

Reset seems to have fixed everything for me. Of course, I lost whatever I
was working on when it froze.

> - Keyboard/Mouse always not working during boot when connected to USB. Had
> to use the PS/2 adaptar.

My original 6000 desktop used the older (RF? I'm not well-versed in
wireless technology.) transceiver at the end of a wire from the USB plug;
there was a PS/2 adapter on the end of a "Y" cable, but that seldom was
plugged in since it didn't seem to do anything for me. That mouse died and
MSFT replaced it with the v.2.0 mouse - with the 2.4 GHz transceiver - see
next paragraph. But that meant that I had to keep TWO USB systems working -
the old one for the keyboard and the new one for the mouse. So I bought the
whole new desktop set.

The new desktop set is v.2.0, I think, but it doesn't say that on the box;
it says "Aero Edition Keyboard/Mobile Laser Mouse". (Can't those Microsoft
marketers ever describe the same hardware the same way twice?) It uses the
newer 2.4 GHz wireless, which actually does not have a wire at all. The
little transceiver is just a small USB key with a button on its side to sync
with similar buttons on the mouse and keyboard. It works great - except for
these two issues:

1. Narcolepsy. The keyboard goes to sleep as I'm typing. The fix is
simply to wait for about 1 to 2 minutes, and it wakes up and continues as
though nothing happened. The mouse usually continues to work during this
keyboard nap. But on rare occasions, the mouse sleeps, too - or maybe both
mouse and keyboard have died. As you said, they "freeze" and only a Reset
gets them going again.

The workaround is to move the USB transceiver from the mobo port on the back
of the computer to a port on a hub, which is a foot or two closer to the
keyboard. But...see #2.

2. Unresponsive during boot-up. So I can't select from the startup OS menu
because the USB drivers haven't been loaded yet.

The workaround is to move the USB transceiver from the 4-port hub to a port
on the back of the computer, connected directly to the mobo. But...see #1.

I installed the new 7.0 drivers last night, as I said. But this morning,
when I rebooted to test, the keyboard was NOT working during startup. And,
while typing this message, the keyboard DID go to sleep several times.

So I’m back to where I was yesterday with the 6.3 driver set. :>(

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> R.C.,
> Most of my (old) Wireless Desktop 6000 issues have been hardware related.
> I think this is the third, or fourth, motherboard that I use with it and
> have had different issues and my issues have changed from mobo to mobo.
> Luckily, my current mobo, has no issues with my wireless set. It is a
> Gigabyte GA-MA770-UD3.
> Issues I have had:
> - Keyboard/Mouse freezing, had to press reset. Keyboard/Mouse would not
> work
> during the following boots, but would work within the OS.
> Workaround: Power off completely, unplug USB for a while. Plug everythig
> back. Power on.
> - Keyboard/Mouse always not working during boot when connected to USB. Had
> to use the PS/2 adaptar.
> - And the list goes on.
> Now all those issues are gone for good with my last motherboard.
> Carlos
>
> "R. C. White" wrote:
>
>> Hi, Dominic.
>>
>> Thank you!
>>
>> My Microsoft Wireless Laser Desktop 6000 has some issues with versions
>> 6.3,
>> which I've reported to Microsoft and they are working on. Maybe these
>> new
>> drivers will cure them.
>>
>> RC
>>
>> "Dominic Payer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Available from
>> > http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/do...px?category=MK

Carlos

R.C.,
When I said "old" I did mean it.
Keyboard (model 1027) is 1.0A, mouse (model 1052) doesn't say anythig about
the version except for the fact that it was manufactured September 2005!
Receiver is 3.0A, a big one, as if you had an elliptical (not round) burger.
Carlos

"R. C. White" wrote:

> [...]

> > during the following boots, but would work within the OS.
> > Workaround: Power off completely, unplug USB for a while. Plug everythig
> > back. Power on.
> > - Keyboard/Mouse always not working during boot when connected to USB. Had
> > to use the PS/2 adaptar.
> > - And the list goes on.
> > Now all those issues are gone for good with my last motherboard.
> > Carlos
> >
> > "R. C. White" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi, Dominic.
> >>
> >> Thank you!
> >>
> >> My Microsoft Wireless Laser Desktop 6000 has some issues with versions
> >> 6.3,
> >> which I've reported to Microsoft and they are working on. Maybe these
> >> new
> >> drivers will cure them.
> >>
> >> RC
> >>
> >> "Dominic Payer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

Keyboard and mouse not working after the POST screen but before boot
begins, if that is what you are experiencing, is a BIOS problem. I have
had this myself and a BIOS update cured it.

On 20/06/2009 16:10, R. C. White wrote:
> [...]

> maybe both mouse and keyboard have died. As you said, they "freeze" and
> only a Reset gets them going again.
>
> The workaround is to move the USB transceiver from the mobo port on the
> back of the computer to a port on a hub, which is a foot or two closer
> to the keyboard. But...see #2.
>
> 2. Unresponsive during boot-up. So I can't select from the startup OS
> menu because the USB drivers haven't been loaded yet.
>
> The workaround is to move the USB transceiver from the 4-port hub to a
> port on the back of the computer, connected directly to the mobo.
> But...see #1.
>
> I installed the new 7.0 drivers last night, as I said. But this morning,
> when I rebooted to test, the keyboard was NOT working during startup.
> And, while typing this message, the keyboard DID go to sleep several times.
>
> So I’m back to where I was yesterday with the 6.3 driver set. :>(

Jerry

The Win7 software does not recognize my Microsoft Natural Keyboard Pro; had
no problems though with an IntelliMouse Explorer.

"Dominic Payer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Available from
> http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/do...px?category=MK

Dominic Payer

See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/257729 . This is for Windows 2000,
but is probably still relevant.

Is your keyboard connected by USB, as required, or PS2?

On 20/06/2009 21:10, Jerry wrote:
> Microsoft Natural Keyboard Pro

R. C. White

Update...

After powering down for a couple of hours, on restart, the USB keyboard was
working in time for me to select from the OS menu. ;<)

But the keyboard still goes to sleep in the middle of typing a word. :>(

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX