Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCTS > No MCT as MCTS

No MCT as MCTS

fwottawa

Is it true, that as a fresh MCTS (ASP.NET 3.5) I am not eligible for the MCT?

I am curious because i thought the MCTS was kind of an upgrade to the MCAD.
As the MCAD can become a MCT.

thx in advance

Lawrence Garvin [MVP]

"fwottawa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is it true, that as a fresh MCTS (ASP.NET 3.5) I am not eligible for the
> MCT?

The answer to this question, and many others concerning the MCT, can be
found at
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en...ation/mct.aspx

--
Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA

http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

fwottawa

Hi Lawrence,

thx for your reply. I am aware of the posted website and my question was
more about "why it is not so" than "where can i look"

atm 2 of the 3 ways to become mct are retired, the third is without
materials to learn (every PRO certificate for the mcpd).

so if i got it right, then it is not possible at the moment to become a
"programming mct" with asp.net 3.5

but thanks anyway!

fritz wottawa

"Lawrence Garvin [MVP]" wrote:

> "fwottawa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Is it true, that as a fresh MCTS (ASP.NET 3.5) I am not eligible for the
> > MCT?

> The answer to this question, and many others concerning the MCT, can be
> found at
> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en...ation/mct.aspx
>

> --
> Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA

> http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

Lawrence Garvin [MVP]

"fwottawa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Lawrence,
>
> thx for your reply. I am aware of the posted website and my question was
> more about "why it is not so" than "where can i look"
>
> atm 2 of the 3 ways to become mct are retired, the third is without
> materials to learn (every PRO certificate for the mcpd).

While there may not be certification-specific Study Guides, I'm quite
confident that there is no shortage of books, etc. that cover the topics
relevant to the MCPD certifications.

But being an MCT is a lot more than having the certification. Frankly, if
you're still looking for "training materials" for the underlying
certifications (e.g. MCPD), then you're still many years of knowledge and
experience away from being an MCT candidate.

> so if i got it right, then it is not possible at the moment to become a
> "programming mct" with asp.net 3.5

I'm not aware that it has EVER been possible to become an MCT without a
Premier certification (e.g. MCSE, MCSD, MCITP, MCPD)

--
Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA

http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

fwottawa

Hi Lawrence,

thanks again for your fast response.

I am working in the field as freelancer and teacher for eight years now, so
i am not afraid of my missing knowledge, i was trying to point out, that
there is no study kit, elearning stuff, ... for this one.

as i see it, i will try the mcpd without specific material for this. maybe
thats what "pro" stands for

cheers
fritz