Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > What classic Warner Bros only films,do you want to see get a Blu-RayDVD release for ?

What classic Warner Bros only films,do you want to see get a Blu-RayDVD release for ?

Keith

What 3 older classic or more recent classic, Warner Bros only produced
films that you greatly admire, would you most love seeing get a
special edition Blu Ray DVD release, because of the fact that each
title mentioned hasn't yet got one and/or because you were hugely
disappointed with the standard DVD release it got (if any title named
even got one). Please separately say why, for each title mentioned.

RoyLFuchs

On Fri, 19 Jun 2009 01:24:26 -0700 (PDT), Keith <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>What 3 older classic or more recent classic, Warner Bros only produced
>films that you greatly admire, would you most love seeing get a
>special edition Blu Ray DVD release, because of the fact that each
>title mentioned hasn't yet got one and/or because you were hugely
>disappointed with the standard DVD release it got (if any title named
>even got one). Please separately say why, for each title mentioned.

Columbia Pictures, Used Cars. No, I do not care that you were talking
about Warner titles.

Paul B. Thompson

"Keith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> What 3 older classic or more recent classic, Warner Bros only produced
> films that you greatly admire, would you most love seeing get a
> special edition Blu Ray DVD release, because of the fact that each
> title mentioned hasn't yet got one and/or because you were hugely
> disappointed with the standard DVD release it got (if any title named
> even got one). Please separately say why, for each title mentioned.

"The Beast with Five Fingers." Peter Lorre's last film for Warners. Steiner
score. Florey directs.

PBT

Derek Janssen

Keith wrote:

> What 3 older classic or more recent classic, Warner Bros only produced
> films that you greatly admire, would you most love seeing get a
> special edition Blu Ray DVD release, because of the fact that each
> title mentioned hasn't yet got one and/or because you were hugely
> disappointed with the standard DVD release it got (if any title named
> even got one). Please separately say why, for each title mentioned.

Unless this is a post from their Run-On Sales Division, I'll stick to
Warner's *own* polls about which title should surface next on Warner
Archive, thanks.

Derek Janssen

MFalc1

On Jun 19, 1:24´┐Żam, Keith <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> What 3 older classic or more recent classic, Warner Bros only produced
> films that you greatly admire, would you most love seeing get a
> special edition Blu Ray DVD release, because of the fact that each
> title mentioned hasn't yet got one and/or because you were hugely
> disappointed with the standard DVD release it got (if any title named
> even got one). Please separately say why, for each title mentioned.

1. John Boorman's EXCALIBUR
2. Sam Peckinpah's THE BALLAD OF CABLE HOGUE
3. Terrence Malick's BADLANDS

Because they all deserve Blu-Ray treatment.

Mark L. Falconer
http://www.poetry-arts-confidential.blogspot.com
http://www.youtube.com/terrymcca

Robo-man

"Keith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> What 3 older classic or more recent classic, Warner Bros only produced
> films that you greatly admire, would you most love seeing get a
> special edition Blu Ray DVD release, because of the fact that each
> title mentioned hasn't yet got one and/or because you were hugely
> disappointed with the standard DVD release it got (if any title named
> even got one). Please separately say why, for each title mentioned.

- OUTLAND - "Even in space, the ultimate enemy is man."

..

Chieftain of the Carpet Crawlers

On Fri, 19 Jun 2009 14:10:03 GMT, Derek Janssen
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Keith wrote:
>
>> What 3 older classic or more recent classic, Warner Bros only produced
>> films that you greatly admire, would you most love seeing get a
>> special edition Blu Ray DVD release, because of the fact that each
>> title mentioned hasn't yet got one and/or because you were hugely
>> disappointed with the standard DVD release it got (if any title named
>> even got one). Please separately say why, for each title mentioned.

>Unless this is a post from their Run-On Sales Division, I'll stick to
>Warner's *own* polls about which title should surface next on Warner
>Archive, thanks.
>
>Derek Janssen
>(E-Mail Removed)

Doubtful that any poll actually has an effect on their planning anyway.

On Fri, 19 Jun 2009 12:19:10 -0700 (PDT), MFalc1 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>1. John Boorman's EXCALIBUR

It has already been digitized because there is an HD DVD release of it.
So, it is very likely already on Warner's list, as most of the HD DVD
library has been re-issued on BD by most of the studios.

Archimedes' Lever

On Fri, 19 Jun 2009 17:54:21 -0400, "Robo-man" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Keith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> What 3 older classic or more recent classic, Warner Bros only produced
>> films that you greatly admire, would you most love seeing get a
>> special edition Blu Ray DVD release, because of the fact that each
>> title mentioned hasn't yet got one and/or because you were hugely
>> disappointed with the standard DVD release it got (if any title named
>> even got one). Please separately say why, for each title mentioned.

> - OUTLAND - "Even in space, the ultimate enemy is man."

Bell, Book, and Candle

Flasherly

On Jun 19, 4:24 am, Keith <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> What 3 older classic or more recent classic, Warner Bros only produced
> films that you greatly admire, would you most love seeing get a
> special edition Blu Ray DVD release, because of the fact that each
> title mentioned hasn't yet got one and/or because you were hugely
> disappointed with the standard DVD release it got (if any title named
> even got one). Please separately say why, for each title mentioned.

Pirates of Silicon Valley (1999) (TV)

Since I don't have a TV, per se, and never got so far past standard
MPEG2 streaming to 8G industry pressed formats?

Based on Fire in the Valley: The Making of The Personal Computer by
Paul Freiberger and Michael Swaine, do you know if it's slanted or
recommended material, and if it will ever become destined classic
proportions?