Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Thunderbird Ques.

Thunderbird Ques.

Jimw

When I open Thunderbird it begins to look for email immediately, and
keeps checking email whenever I am online, as well as keeps asking me
to reconnect to the internet when I am offline. I DO NOT want to to
check for email until I manually tell it to do so. Those popups
telling me I have email is enough to drive me batty. I can not find
any setting where I can shut off the automatic checking for email.
How do I do this?

Thanks

Jimw

SG

Jimw wrote:
> When I open Thunderbird it begins to look for email immediately, and
> keeps checking email whenever I am online, as well as keeps asking me
> to reconnect to the internet when I am offline. I DO NOT want to to
> check for email until I manually tell it to do so. Those popups
> telling me I have email is enough to drive me batty. I can not find
> any setting where I can shut off the automatic checking for email.
> How do I do this?
>
> Thanks
>
> Jimw

tools / account settings / server settings / check for new messages
every ___ minutes

and while there make sure "Check for new messages at startup" is unchecked

fatsteve

SG wrote:
> Jimw wrote:
>> When I open Thunderbird it begins to look for email immediately, and
>> keeps checking email whenever I am online, as well as keeps asking me
>> to reconnect to the internet when I am offline. I DO NOT want to to
>> check for email until I manually tell it to do so. Those popups
>> telling me I have email is enough to drive me batty. I can not find
>> any setting where I can shut off the automatic checking for email.
>> How do I do this?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Jimw

> tools / account settings / server settings / check for new messages
> every ___ minutes
>
> and while there make sure "Check for new messages at startup" is unchecked

Also you can turn the popup alert off by going to Tools> Options>
Advanced> General> Config Editor and set mail.biff.show_alert to false

fatsteve

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
> fatsteve wrote:
>> SG wrote:

>>> tools / account settings / server settings / check for new messages
>>> every ___ minutes
>>>
>>> and while there make sure "Check for new messages at startup" is
>>> unchecked

>> Also you can turn the popup alert off by going to Tools> Options>
>> Advanced> General> Config Editor and set mail.biff.show_alert to false

> why? When Tools, Options, General, and uncheck "Show an alert" would do
> just fine.

Ok hehe

Mozmail vs. Thunderbird... Axl Firefox 5 08-19-2003 07:29 PM
Thunderbird Bryce Hardy Firefox 1 08-12-2003 03:19 PM
Linking Firebird / Thunderbird jimm67(nospam) Firefox 0 07-06-2003 01:46 PM

Advertisments