Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Computor screen pales and keyboard dies

Reply
Thread Tools

Computor screen pales and keyboard dies

 
 
Emory Richter
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-19-2009




I have this PC problem:
My computor screen goes pale and my ability to type continuously stops.*
I has done this 3 times already just typing this message.*

Ever heard of this
and if so, what is happening
and how to remedy it.**
*

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Evan Platt
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-19-2009
On Thu, 18 Jun 2009 21:13:44 -0400, Emory Richter <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I have this PC problem:


Laptop? Desktop?

>My computor screen goes pale and my ability to type continuously stops.*


So...You can't type at all? if you type while this happens, does
whatever you type show? What do you have to do to get it to work
again?

>I has done this 3 times already just typing this message.*
>
>Ever heard of this
>and if so, what is happening
>and how to remedy it.**


What happens to the light on the monitor when this happens, assuming
this is a monitor and not a laptop?
--
To reply via e-mail, remove The Obvious from my e-mail address.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
VanguardLH
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-19-2009
Emory Richter wrote:

> I have this PC problem:
> My computor screen goes pale and my ability to type continuously stops.*
> I has done this 3 times already just typing this message.*
>
> Ever heard of this
> and if so, what is happening
> and how to remedy it.**
>


For desktop: replace the power supply.

For laptop: replace the old batteries.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Emory Richter
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-19-2009
In article <h1eqd8$poo$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) says...
> Emory Richter wrote:
>
> > I have this PC problem:
> > My computor screen goes pale and my ability to type continuously stops.*
> > I has done this 3 times already just typing this message.*


> For desktop: replace the power supply.
> For laptop: replace the old batteries.


VanguardLH, thanks for your response.
Emory
 
Reply With Quote
 
Emory Richter
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-19-2009
In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
evan@******************************* says...
> On Thu, 18 Jun 2009 21:13:44 -0400, Emory Richter <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> >I have this PC problem:


Desktop !

> >My computor screen goes pale and my ability to type continuously stops.*

>
> So...You can't type at all? if you type while this happens, does
> whatever you type show?


No

>What do you have to do to get it to work
>again?


It starts again on its own.

>
> >I has done this 3 times already just typing this message.*
> >
> >Ever heard of this
> >and if so, what is happening
> >and how to remedy it.**


> What happens to the light on the monitor when this happens, assuming
> this is a monitor and not a laptop?


The light stays on.

Evan, thanks for your attention.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Beauregard T. Shagnasty
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-19-2009
Emory Richter wrote:

> evan@******************************* says...
>> Emory Richter <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>> My computor screen goes pale and my ability to type continuously
>>> stops.*

>>
>> So...You can't type at all? if you type while this happens, does
>> whatever you type show?

>
> No
>
>> What do you have to do to get it to work again?

>
> It starts again on its own.


It has finished sending the 5,000 spam email job, and has returned
control to you for awhile.

--
-bts
-Friends don't let friends drive Windows
 
Reply With Quote
 
Evan Platt
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-19-2009
On Thu, 18 Jun 2009 22:45:31 -0400, Emory Richter <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>> So...You can't type at all? if you type while this happens, does
>> whatever you type show?

>
>No


So - if you're say typing a letter, and the screen goes blank - type.
Just keep typing. When it comes back on, does what you typed show?


>>What do you have to do to get it to work
>>again?

>
>It starts again on its own.


Ok - does it 'start' again', as in it reboots? Does it go back to
whatever it is you were doing - ie if you were in a document, it's
back as if nothing happened?

>> What happens to the light on the monitor when this happens, assuming
>> this is a monitor and not a laptop?

>
>The light stays on.
>
>Evan, thanks for your attention.


Ok, so it doesn't sound like the monitor, but most monitors have a
multi colored light. Green is on / signal, yellow is on, so signal. So
the light stays green, and the keyboard dies?

Does the monitor truly go 'pale' or just black - as if you shut it
off?

Does the fan on the computer stop or does the computer sound like it's
shut down?
--
To reply via e-mail, remove The Obvious from my e-mail address.
 
Reply With Quote
 
wisdomkiller & pain
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-19-2009
Emory Richter wrote:

>
>
>
>
> I have this PC problem:
> My computor screen goes pale and my ability to type continuously stops.
> I has done this 3 times already just typing this message.
>

Does it do this in the same way UAC dims your screen?
You may have a window hidden behind where you (continue to) type. Try alt-
tab if possible.
Maybe you have malware or something that tries to hide ...
What do you see in eventviewer?
 
Reply With Quote
 
chuckcar
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-19-2009
Emory Richter <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

>
>
>
>
> I have this PC problem:
> My computor screen goes pale and my ability to type continuously stops.*
> I has done this 3 times already just typing this message.*
>

Try wiggling the connection from the monitor to the back of the computer.
If this affects it, shut down the computer and check both parts of the
connection with a flashlight. Broken screws and/or connectors/wires are
possible. If possible, try the monitor on a different computer. If it
works fine there, then you probably have video card problems. Otherwise,
replace your monitor.



--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
 
Reply With Quote
 
Evan Platt
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-19-2009
On Fri, 19 Jun 2009 11:54:34 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Try wiggling the connection from the monitor to the back of the computer.
>If this affects it, shut down the computer and check both parts of the
>connection with a flashlight. Broken screws and/or connectors/wires are
>possible. If possible, try the monitor on a different computer. If it
>works fine there, then you probably have video card problems. Otherwise,
>replace your monitor.


Wow.. Chucktard misses the boat yet again.
--
To reply via e-mail, remove The Obvious from my e-mail address.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Clipping Art from a Dvd on computor? Gary DVD Video 2 09-18-2009 09:42 AM
Can not access other computor Bob Wireless Networking 6 02-14-2008 02:18 AM
Buy Yourself A New Computor Please Read On Mark Computer Support 1 08-06-2004 06:34 PM
Perl 'system' Creates Program That Dies When First C Program Dies Christopher M. Lusardi Perl Misc 3 10-19-2003 11:53 AM
computor shut down wsnyder Computer Support 4 10-08-2003 08:12 PM



Advertisments