Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > Question on worth of exam 70-272

Question on worth of exam 70-272

kgutliut

Your certification never expired but outdated.

"G Mail Account" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thats great to hear!
>
> Thanks for your info.
>
> I'll be looking at MCITP next year...then? When Win7 become meanstream?
>
> Thanks again.
>

> "Lawrence Garvin [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> "G Mail Account" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>>> But one very serious logical conclusion, will we still be allowed to use
>>> out hard-earned Logos or MCDST status in our stationaries and company
>>> adverts?

>> Absolutely. MCDST is one of the "legacy" certifications that is
>> non-expiring.
>>
>> Only the newer MCTS/MCITP/MCPD are carrying the thread of continuing
>> certification requirements.
>>

>> --
>> Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA
>> Principal/CTO, Onsite Technology Solutions, Houston, Texas
>> Microsoft MVP - Software Distribution (2005-2009)
>>
>> MS WSUS Website: http://www.microsoft.com/wsus
>> My MVP Profile: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/pro...awrence.Garvin

Drewby

I am studying for exams at home through a learning college. I gonna be taking
the 70-271 and 70-272 exams. in what ways did you study 4 your exams? thanks,
i have just joind the news group and i am un familiar with it. I am just
taking my lad football but will return by 8p.m thankyou kindly.

--
drewbaby

"John R" wrote:

> "LeJon7881" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I took the 70-271 exam last year july and past it. Is it worth spending
> >money
> > and passing the 70-272 exam right now. I know XP is going down this year
> > so
> > my question is how much value will it have? I would love to be MCDST but
> > will
> > that phase out in a couple of months for XP. Also does it expire?
> > Thanks

> MCDST will not expire. It will become useless someday as more and more
> enterprise environments move to Vista and Windows 7. I think however, that
> MCDST will still have value for some time to come. There will always be
> shops that lag behind. Plus, if you get MCDST, you'll have a short upgrade
> path to MCITP:ES. It think it would show more growth on a resume to have
> both MCDST and MCITP:ES, even if the shop is not using XP any longer. It
> shows you've been 'in the game' longer.
>
> John R

John R

"Drewby" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am studying for exams at home through a learning college. I gonna be
>taking
> the 70-271 and 70-272 exams. in what ways did you study 4 your exams?
> thanks,
> i have just joind the news group and i am un familiar with it. I am just
> taking my lad football but will return by 8p.m thankyou kindly.

Well, MS Press does offer training material that in my opinion is very good
for these exams. There are other vendors that offer material as well.
However, I think most of us studied for these exams by actually using,
supporting, and administering XP and Office for some period of time in
enterprise environments.

John R.