Velocity Reviews > General Discussion > Front Page News > Edimax (EW-7711UAN) High Gain USB WiFi Adapter

Edimax (EW-7711UAN) High Gain USB WiFi Adapter

Ian Ian is offline
Administrator
Ian's Avatar

Xtreme Computing take a look at the Edimax (EW-7711UAN) High Gain USB WiFi Adapter, which sells for around £15:

Quote:
As you can see the results are very consistent at around 112+ Mb/s, which is slightly below the rated 150Mb/s but still somewhat better than a 100Mb/s wired connection speed. I know the USB performance of the pc I used isnít quite as good as other chipsets but I donít know if this would affect the transfer speed of the Edimax nLite wifi adapter. I doubt it was down to the distance between the router and the pc with the wifi adapter in as they were in the same room. All in all some very decent results that I am reasonably happy with.
Read the review here.