Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > [ANN] first full alpha release of PyLab_Works v0.3

[ANN] first full alpha release of PyLab_Works v0.3

Stef Mientki

hello,

I am pleased to announce the first full alpha release of PyLab_Works, v0.3.

PyLab_Works is a modular Visual Development Environment, based on
data-flow programming technics. PyLab_Works is specially aimed at
Education, Engineering and Science. The ideas behind PyLab_Works are,
that the final user should not be burdened with programming details and
domain details, whereas the domain expert should be able to implement
the specific domain knowledge without being a full educated programmer.

You can always find my notes on PyLab_Works on
http://pic.flappie.nl
Most of these pages are also collected in a single pdf document, which
can be found here:
http://pylab-works.googlecode.com/files/pw_manual.pdf

The source code and a one-button-Windows-Installer can be found on
codegoogle:
http://code.google.com/p/pylab-works/
The files are rather large, because they contain some data samples.
The Windows-Installer contains everything you need to get started with
PyLab_Works: ConfigObj, gprof2dot, HTTPlib, MatPlotLib, Numpy, Pickle,
Psyco, pyclbr, PyGame, PyLab_Works, PyODBC, Python, RLCompleter, Scipy,
Sendkeys, SQLite3, SQLObject, URLparse, wave, Visual, win32*, wxPython.
Although the PyLab_Works programs are compiled with Py2Exe, all the
source files are explicitly included.

have fun,
Stef Mientki

edexter

On Jun 16, 12:27*pm, Stef Mientki <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> hello,
>
> I am pleased to announce the first full alpha release of PyLab_Works, v0.3.
>
> PyLab_Works is a modular Visual Development Environment, based on
> data-flow programming technics. PyLab_Works is specially aimed at
> Education, Engineering and Science. The ideas behind PyLab_Works are,
> that the final user should not be burdened with programming details and
> domain details, whereas the domain expert should be able to implement
> the specific *domain knowledge without being a full educated programmer..
>
> You can always find my notes on PyLab_Works on
> * *http://pic.flappie.nl
> Most of these pages are also collected in a single pdf document, which
> can be found here:
> *http://pylab-works.googlecode.com/files/pw_manual.pdf
>
> The source code and a one-button-Windows-Installer can be found on
> codegoogle:
> *http://code.google.com/p/pylab-works/
> The files are rather large, because they contain some data samples.
> The Windows-Installer contains everything you need to get started with
> PyLab_Works: ConfigObj, gprof2dot, HTTPlib, MatPlotLib, Numpy, Pickle, *
> Psyco, pyclbr, PyGame, PyLab_Works, PyODBC, Python, RLCompleter, Scipy,
> Sendkeys, SQLite3, SQLObject, URLparse, wave, Visual, win32*, wxPython.
> Although the PyLab_Works programs are compiled with Py2Exe, all the
> source files are explicitly included.
>
> have fun,
> Stef Mientki

program didn't start because .dll is missing (sorry I don't have the
name)... I don't know if that is just an issue with the installer
with vista or not (missing msv something 71. dll)

edexter

On Jun 17, 12:29*am, "Martin P. Hellwig" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> edexter wrote:
> > On Jun 16, 12:27 pm, Stef Mientki <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >> hello,

> >> I am pleased to announce the first full alpha release of PyLab_Works, v0.3.

> >> PyLab_Works is a modular Visual Development Environment, based on
> >> data-flow programming technics. PyLab_Works is specially aimed at
> >> Education, Engineering and Science. The ideas behind PyLab_Works are,
> >> that the final user should not be burdened with programming details and
> >> domain details, whereas the domain expert should be able to implement
> >> the specific *domain knowledge without being a full educated programmer.

> >> You can always find my notes on PyLab_Works on
> >> * *http://pic.flappie.nl
> >> Most of these pages are also collected in a single pdf document, which
> >> can be found here:
> >> *http://pylab-works.googlecode.com/files/pw_manual.pdf

> >> The source code and a one-button-Windows-Installer can be found on
> >> codegoogle:
> >> *http://code.google.com/p/pylab-works/
> >> The files are rather large, because they contain some data samples.
> >> The Windows-Installer contains everything you need to get started with
> >> PyLab_Works: ConfigObj, gprof2dot, HTTPlib, MatPlotLib, Numpy, Pickle, *
> >> Psyco, pyclbr, PyGame, PyLab_Works, PyODBC, Python, RLCompleter, Scipy,
> >> Sendkeys, SQLite3, SQLObject, URLparse, wave, Visual, win32*, wxPython..
> >> Although the PyLab_Works programs are compiled with Py2Exe, all the
> >> source files are explicitly included.

> >> have fun,
> >> Stef Mientki

> > program didn't start because .dll is missing (sorry I don't have the
> > name)... *I don't know if that is just an issue with the installer
> > with vista or not (missing msv something 71. dll)

> You probably mean the microsoft visual C++ runtime (msvcr71.dll),
> windows vista has a brand new way (via manifest files) to make it more
> difficult to install compiled binaries.
>
> Search for 'Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package' and
> install it.
>
> --
> MPHhttp://blog.dcuktec.comm
> 'If consumed, best digested with added seasoning to own preference.'

it says I am missing msvcp71.dll installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2005
Redistributable Package
did not help.. I had simular problems
with alot of installers I had saved (from installing on xp) but when
I grabbed newer installers
they all worked, could be the manifast.... I was looking forward to
trying it out..

Stef Mientki

>>> program didn't start because .dll is missing (sorry I don't have the
>>> name)... I don't know if that is just an issue with the installer
>>> with vista or not (missing msv something 71. dll)
>>>

>> You probably mean the microsoft visual C++ runtime (msvcr71.dll),
>> windows vista has a brand new way (via manifest files) to make it more
>> difficult to install compiled binaries.
>>
>> Search for 'Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package' and
>> install it.
>>
>> --
>> MPHhttp://blog.dcuktec.comm
>> 'If consumed, best digested with added seasoning to own preference.'
>>

> it says I am missing msvcp71.dll installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2005
> Redistributable Package
> did not help.. I had simular problems
> with alot of installers I had saved (from installing on xp) but when
> I grabbed newer installers
> they all worked, could be the manifast.... I was looking forward to
> trying it out..

I rebuild the package with all windows system files included, suggested
by Py2Exe,
see the installation instructions:
http://mientki.ruhosting.nl/data_www...tallation.html
these system files will be unpacked in the root of the installation.
I'm not familiar with Windows Vista, but this would be the trick in
Windows XP.

cheers,
Stef