Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCTS > Scoring regarding time and simulations

Scoring regarding time and simulations

jtpryan

Does anybody know how your "behavior" regarding simulations affects
your score. If you make a lot of "false" clicks, will this lower it
if the end result is correct? Will the amount of time you take
overall or on any one question affect your score? Or is it just a
matter of right and wrong?

I attempted to do an exam yesterday (it crashed in the middle and I
have to go back and start over) and it was my first one. These
questions came to mind while taking it.

Thank you,
Jim

John R

"jtpryan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Does anybody know how your "behavior" regarding simulations affects
> your score. If you make a lot of "false" clicks, will this lower it
> if the end result is correct? Will the amount of time you take
> overall or on any one question affect your score? Or is it just a
> matter of right and wrong?
>
> I attempted to do an exam yesterday (it crashed in the middle and I
> have to go back and start over) and it was my first one. These
> questions came to mind while taking it.

Microsoft will reveal nothing about the how tests are scored outside of 700
or better is pass, anything less is fail. They will not even officially
admit what the max score that you can obtain is. All we know for sure is
that each test (or portion thereof) is scored separately, and then those
scores are converted into Microsoft's standard scale where 700 or better is
pass.

Personal opinion here, I don't see how they could fault you for 'false'
clicks. Often, there are several ways to get at something (like system
properties), and one or more ways will be blocked out in the simulation. If
you try one of the blocked methods, does that mean that you didn't know what
you were doing? If you spend too much time in a simulation, you could
always reset the simulation and do it again from the start. One would
assume that if you reset it, the clock would reset, but who knows. You are
given 'x' number of minutes to complete the whole test. I would think that
would be all that matters. Again, personal opinion.

Bummer about the test crashing. That's got to be frustrating, sitting an
exam and then having to go back the next day and do it all over again.

John R

jtpryan

On Jun 16, 8:32*am, "John R" <jsr^^^813@zoom^^^internet.net> wrote:
> "jtpryan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> > Does anybody know how your "behavior" regarding simulations affects
> > your score. *If you make a lot of "false" clicks, will this lower it
> > if the end result is correct? *Will the amount of time you take
> > overall or on any one question affect your *score? *Or is it just a
> > matter of right and wrong?

> > I attempted to do an exam yesterday (it crashed in the middle and I
> > have to go back and start over) and it was my first one. *These
> > questions came to mind while taking it.

> Microsoft will reveal nothing about the how tests are scored outside of 700
> or better is pass, anything less is fail. *They will not even officially
> admit what the max score that you can obtain is. *All we know for sure is
> that each test (or portion thereof) is scored separately, and then those
> scores are converted into Microsoft's standard scale where 700 or better is
> pass.
>
> Personal opinion here, I don't see how they could fault you for 'false'
> clicks. *Often, there are several ways to get at something (like system
> properties), and one or more ways will be blocked out in the simulation. *If
> you try one of the blocked methods, does that mean that you didn't know what
> you were doing? *If you spend too much time in a simulation, you could
> always reset the simulation and do it again from the start. *One would
> assume that if you reset it, the clock would reset, but who knows. *You are
> given 'x' number of minutes to complete the whole test. *I would think that
> would be all that matters. *Again, personal opinion.
>
> Bummer about the test crashing. *That's got to be frustrating, sitting an
> exam and then having to go back the next day and do it all over again.
>
> John R

Thank you, that was my feeling, but who knows except Melinda if Bill
talks in his sleep...

And just for real laughs, this was the second time the same thing
happened. I'm taking the test for the 3rd time at a different center
this Friday...

Scoring system Sir Kal MCSD 1 10-12-2004 07:56 PM
scoring Sarah Lacklin MCSD 8 01-28-2004 10:49 AM
SME and MCDST scoring MCDST 3 01-10-2004 12:29 AM
Microsoft Changes Exam Scoring Dave Girvitz MCSD 2 08-22-2003 03:38 PM
Scoring question for 70-300 Mike Maddux MCSD 1 07-13-2003 04:08 PM

Advertisments