Velocity Reviews > General Discussion > Front Page News > ASRock P45DE Motherboard

ASRock P45DE Motherboard

Ian Ian is offline
Administrator
Ian's Avatar

PCShopTalk review the ASRock P45DE Motherboard, a reasonable product but it lags behind others in speed and has a few compatibility problems:

Quote:
I had some issues with the VIA audio drivers functionality in Windows Xp : when the CPU load was a little high, I could hear sound clicks/drops; to see if this is a hardware problem, or a software problem, I have ran also Windows 7, Build 7124. Here, all the suspect sounds were gone, even at high CPU loads. I am waiting, though for VIA to make the HD Deck application fully compatible with Windows 7, because the drivers installation worked only if I put the Windows Vista compatibility mode, and HD Deck was crashing when I wanted to enter Expert mode in the interface. This audio problem is not ASRock motherboard related, it seems VIA has to fix the problem in the near future.
Read the review here.