Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Whatever happened to the "single pixel" camera idea?

Whatever happened to the "single pixel" camera idea?

Rich

I remember reading about it a few years back.

daveFaktor

Rich wrote:
> I remember reading about it a few years back.

Enlarging the images was a problem!

Eric Stevens

On Sun, 14 Jun 2009 23:23:58 -0700 (PDT), Rich <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I remember reading about it a few years back.

Here is the result of Google search on the subject.
http://tinyurl.com/nfz78b

The idea still seems to be alive and well.

Eric Stevens

daveFaktor

Eric Stevens wrote:
> On Sun, 14 Jun 2009 23:23:58 -0700 (PDT), Rich <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>> I remember reading about it a few years back.

> Here is the result of Google search on the subject.
> http://tinyurl.com/nfz78b
>
> The idea still seems to be alive and well.
>

> Eric Stevens

A serious problem with Google is dates.
They never but the date of the last entry in a link and it could very
well be 2 years old if no other site has more recent info conforming to
their idea of a relevant site.

mike

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> On Sun, 14 Jun 2009 23:23:58 -0700 (PDT), Rich <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> >I remember reading about it a few years back.

> Here is the result of Google search on the subject.
> http://tinyurl.com/nfz78b
>
> The idea still seems to be alive and well.

I took a look at "Physics Buzz", the first link in the search. How the
hell did they get the mandrill to sit still for 15 minutes?

Mike

Robert Coe

On Sun, 14 Jun 2009 23:23:58 -0700 (PDT), Rich <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
: I remember reading about it a few years back.

I think you'll find that it was discredited a while back, when it was
discovered that the human eye has more than one pixel.

Bob

Robert Coe

On Mon, 15 Jun 2009 17:43:33 +1000, daveFaktor <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
: Rich wrote:
: > I remember reading about it a few years back.
:
: Enlarging the images was a problem!

Didn't you once claim that you had a way of doing it?

Bob

Robert Coe

On Tue, 16 Jun 2009 11:09:27 +1200, mike <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
: In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
: (E-Mail Removed) says...
: > On Sun, 14 Jun 2009 23:23:58 -0700 (PDT), Rich <(E-Mail Removed)>
: > wrote:
: >
: > >I remember reading about it a few years back.
: >
: >
: > Here is the result of Google search on the subject.
: > http://tinyurl.com/nfz78b
: >
: > The idea still seems to be alive and well.
: >
: I took a look at "Physics Buzz", the first link in the search. How
: the hell did they get the mandrill to sit still for 15 minutes?

They read him mind-numbing gibberish from Rich's Usenet articles.

Bob

John Turco

Robert Coe wrote:

> On Tue, 16 Jun 2009 11:09:27 +1200, mike <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
> : In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> : (E-Mail Removed) says...
> : > On Sun, 14 Jun 2009 23:23:58 -0700 (PDT), Rich <(E-Mail Removed)>
> : > wrote:
> : >
> : > >I remember reading about it a few years back.
> : >
> : >
> : > Here is the result of Google search on the subject.
> : > http://tinyurl.com/nfz78b
> : >
> : > The idea still seems to be alive and well.
> : >
> : I took a look at "Physics Buzz", the first link in the search. How
> : the hell did they get the mandrill to sit still for 15 minutes?
>
> They read him mind-numbing gibberish from Rich's Usenet articles.
>
> Bob

Hello, Bob:

How could you abide such blatant cruelty to animals?

Cordially,
John Turco <(E-Mail Removed)>

Paul Furman

mike wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> (E-Mail Removed) says...
>> On Sun, 14 Jun 2009 23:23:58 -0700 (PDT), Rich <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I remember reading about it a few years back.

>> Here is the result of Google search on the subject.
>> http://tinyurl.com/nfz78b
>>
>> The idea still seems to be alive and well.
>>

> I took a look at "Physics Buzz", the first link in the search. How the
> hell did they get the mandrill to sit still for 15 minutes?

Looks like they took a photo of a photo. Here's the best link I found:
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...1014134021.htm
-some interesting related stories there too

Seems like the advantage is high sensitivity & low cost for imaging
faint spectrum stuff similar to x-rays. I don't really get the random
pattern interferometer thingy <g>.

--
Paul Furman
www.edgehill.net