Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > DEll Computer

DEll Computer

Tom

I am looking at the Dell computer apwa t3400 375w (32BIT) WITH xp PRO WITH 2
hard drives. Can anyone tell me if the motherboard on this computer can
handle be used as a mini ser for just networking 5 computers for minor data.
Also Pro and cons on this computer Thanks in advance Tommy

Evan Platt

On Sun, 14 Jun 2009 15:36:09 -0400, "Tom" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I am looking at the Dell computer apwa t3400 375w (32BIT) WITH xp PRO WITH 2
>hard drives. Can anyone tell me if the motherboard on this computer can
>handle be used as a mini ser for just networking 5 computers for minor data.

What is a "min ser" ? What is "minor data"?

>Also Pro and cons on this computer Thanks in advance Tommy

Almost any computer can handle a 5 computer network for 'minor data'.
Is this computer going to be doing anything other than 'minor data'?

Mike Easter

Tom wrote:
> I am looking at the Dell computer

What are you intending to do with it?

--
Mike Easter

hwf

In message <(E-Mail Removed)>, Evan Platt wrote:
> On Sun, 14 Jun 2009 15:36:09 -0400, "Tom" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >I am looking at the Dell computer apwa t3400 375w (32BIT) WITH xp PRO WITH

> 2
> >hard drives. Can anyone tell me if the motherboard on this computer can
> >handle be used as a mini ser for just networking 5 computers for minor

> data.
>
> What is a "min ser" ? What is "minor data"?
>
> >Also Pro and cons on this computer Thanks in advance Tommy

> Almost any computer can handle a 5 computer network for 'minor data'.
> Is this computer going to be doing anything other than 'minor data'?

pr0n server...

-James Madison

Dan C

On Sun, 14 Jun 2009 15:36:09 -0400, Tom wrote:

> I am looking at the Dell computer apwa t3400 375w (32BIT) WITH xp PRO
> WITH 2 hard drives. Can anyone tell me if the motherboard on this
> computer can handle be used as a mini ser for just networking 5
> computers for minor data. Also Pro and cons on this computer Thanks in
> advance Tommy

Ask your Mommy what she thinks.

Ahhhhhhhh!: http://brandybuck.site40.net/pics/relieve.jpg

DL

So you want to purchase a win server o/s do you?

news:4a355134$0$5935$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am looking at the Dell computer apwa t3400 375w (32BIT) WITH xp PRO WITH
>2 hard drives. Can anyone tell me if the motherboard on this computer can
>handle be used as a mini ser for just networking 5 computers for minor
>data. Also Pro and cons on this computer Thanks in advance Tommy

floffy

On Mon, 15 Jun 2009 00:14:31 +0100, "DL" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>So you want to purchase a win server o/s do you?
>
>"Tom" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:4a355134$0$5935$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I am looking at the Dell computer apwa t3400 375w (32BIT) WITH xp PRO WITH
>>2 hard drives. Can anyone tell me if the motherboard on this computer can
>>handle be used as a mini ser for just networking 5 computers for minor
>>data. Also Pro and cons on this computer Thanks in advance Tommy

(32BIT) WITH xp PRO WITH <--- not a server This

why?

On Sun, 14 Jun 2009 15:36:09 -0400, Tom wrote:

>I am looking at the Dell computer apwa t3400 375w (32BIT) WITH xp PRO WITH 2

apwa?

When asking questions like what ever yours is no '?', try and
provide a URL.

Is it this system?
http://www.dell.com/us/en/business/d...00&cs=04&s=bsd

>hard drives. Can anyone tell me if the motherboard on this computer can
>handle be used as a mini ser for just networking 5 computers for minor data.

The motherboard is perhaps less important than the OS. You will be the
1st person with minor data, usually it's more important

Win XP Pro inbound connection limit.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314882
Note For Windows XP Professional, the maximum number of other computers
that are permitted to simultaneously connect over the network is ten.
This limit includes all transports and resource sharing protocols
combined.

A server OS doesn't has this limit, you would also need to buy the
correct amount of licenses for a server, it's default is usually 5 or 10
if I remember.

Easy to check, search MS for Server 2008
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserv...s/pricing.aspx

>Also Pro and cons on this computer Thanks in advance Tommy

Should cope easily with 5 other PCs connected to it, for file sharing,
printing.

Me

Agile Consulting

A programmable machine. The two principal characteristics of a
computer are: It responds to a specific set of instructions in a well-
defined manner. It can execute a prerecorded list of instructions (a
program).{{http://farm3.static.flickr.com/
2447/3670894103_96416ef82a.jpg}}