Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > General Computer Support > Laptop sound is messed up

Laptop sound is messed up

blow230 blow230 is offline
Junior Member

I recently updated my sound card driver, and since the sound "acts" differently. I frequently talk to other's over Ventrilo, and as one person is talking the volume increases, then if another starts talking as well, the volume becomes unbearably loud. Is there a way to fix this? Any suggestion would be helpful.

dford2201 dford2201 is offline
Junior Member

what is your platform OS system..
dose it give an error code,if not check your event viewer:look for the time it occurred.google error code,but you have to know your device name.
if not check your device managerment,which is
start right click computer go to properties click go to device managerment It could be corrupted sound divers or unpatch OS system..
If this dose not help just roll back your divers
click start right click computer go to properties click go to device managerment
1 click Sound,video and game controllers
2 click the plus
3 right click the device name
4 go to properties
5 go to driver and you sould see Roll Back Driver.

I hope this can give you some relief.

Last edited by dford2201; 06-15-2009 at 03:53 AM..

blow230 blow230 is offline
Junior Member

Thank you dford, rolling back my driver fixed the problem.
Unfortunely I had updated the driver because the sound on a game I play wasn't working and updating was the suggestion to fix that.

But anyway, thanks again.

dford2201 dford2201 is offline
Junior Member

Glad to help, buy the way did you update your divers form Microsoft or the manufacturer web site,because you are not to use Microsoft diver instead use the manufacturer CD's or web site that manufacture your product...

Just give me your device name ,maybe I can link you to a web site hopefully..

A+ certified

dford2201

blow230 blow230 is offline
Junior Member

Yes, I used the update from the manufacturer's site.

dford2201 dford2201 is offline
Junior Member

What version of windows you are running

(A though-Maybe your device is not supported or outdated by your OS system)
1- did you check your OS system rather it's a 64bit or 32bit...
2-is your system update
3-do you have the latest service pack install on your system

Is it a PCI express1 card(white or black small slot) or (PCI card white large slot )

blow230 blow230 is offline
Junior Member

Bit-wise, I made sure to download the right version.
As for service packs, I'm on the first.
And I'm using a laptop so I think the slots are irrelevant.