Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Spider Virus?

Re: Spider Virus?

chuckcar

mickeymuffin <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> have a tiny "spider" crawling around on my computer screen, think it
> might be a virus of some kind, ran spybot,ad aware, avg, Malwarebytes'
> Anti-Malware and SUPERAntiSpyware nuthin showing tho. anyone any
> ideas?
>
> tried googling it and only got one similar
>
> http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...1020503AASwZ1x
>
> Little spider looking bug virus?
> there's a little spider looking thing on my screen and i tried getting
> it to crawl on a piece of paper so i could let it out side. it wasn't
> going on it and i couldn't touch it. its inside the screen or
> something. i'm thinking its a virus. my Norton thingy just expired.
> what do i do?

Change your screensaver to something you know.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

Buffalo

chuckcar wrote:
> mickeymuffin <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> have a tiny "spider" crawling around on my computer screen, think it
>> might be a virus of some kind, ran spybot,ad aware, avg,
>> Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and SUPERAntiSpyware nuthin showing tho.
>> anyone any ideas?
>>
>> tried googling it and only got one similar
>>
>> http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...1020503AASwZ1x
>>
>> Little spider looking bug virus?
>> there's a little spider looking thing on my screen and i tried
>> getting it to crawl on a piece of paper so i could let it out side.
>> it wasn't going on it and i couldn't touch it. its inside the screen
>> or something. i'm thinking its a virus. my Norton thingy just
>> expired. what do i do?

> Change your screensaver to something you know.

I believe he had his screensaver set to 'none'.

chuckcar

"Buffalo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:h118ua$b4u$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org:

> chuckcar wrote:
>> mickeymuffin <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>>
>>> have a tiny "spider" crawling around on my computer screen, think it
>>> might be a virus of some kind, ran spybot,ad aware, avg,
>>> Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and SUPERAntiSpyware nuthin showing tho.
>>> anyone any ideas?
>>>
>>> tried googling it and only got one similar
>>>
>>> http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...1020503AASwZ1x
>>>
>>> Little spider looking bug virus?
>>> there's a little spider looking thing on my screen and i tried
>>> getting it to crawl on a piece of paper so i could let it out side.
>>> it wasn't going on it and i couldn't touch it. its inside the screen
>>> or something. i'm thinking its a virus. my Norton thingy just
>>> expired. what do i do?

>> Change your screensaver to something you know.

> I believe he had his screensaver set to 'none'.

The *windows* one. A add-on screensaver wouldn't show up in that. At least
ones with their own front end that don't just use the file type. That
would include any commercial ones to avoid a) undocumented windows code b)
limitations of the windows screensaver code.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

Mike Easter

Previously:

mickeymuffin wrote:
> Aaaagggghhh, its back!!!!!

A real insect or a display of an graphical insect?

--
Mike Easter

Buffalo

mickeymuffin wrote:
> Aaaagggghhh, its back!!!!!

Did the ctfmona.exe file also reappear?
Buffalo

Buffalo

mickeymuffin wrote:
> On Jun 14, 1:17 am, "Buffalo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> mickeymuffin wrote:
>>> Aaaagggghhh, its back!!!!!

>> Did the ctfmona.exe file also reappear?
>> Buffalo

> no, but the 2 ctfmon.exe that i renamed as ctfmon.exxx are still there

If the extension exe was changed to exxx, they will not execute.
I was just curious.
Hopefully someone will get you the solution.
One of the links I read in Google mentioned something about using a
'process explorere' to see what was running and that may uncover what
process is running that causes the problem.
Sorry I can't give you more help.
Try googling more using 'spider on monitor' and 'insects on monitor'
etc.
Best of luck,
Buffalo

Mike Easter

mickeymuffin wrote:
> "Mike Easter"

>>> have a tiny "spider" crawling around on my computer screen

>> A real insect or a display of an graphical insect?

> a display of an graphical insect

.... then it is strange and misleading that you chose to use these words
(from someone else) to help you describe your own problem.

--
Mike Easter

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

chuckcar <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>my Norton thingy just expired.
>> what do i do?

He used the phrase "Norton thingy", My God, Norton is a guys first
name!!!

Jump on him!! infer he's inferior to you, like everybody else you
reply to.

Or do you just have something against Joevan.

What did Joevan ever do to you?
--

Just one adventure of Mr. Gay
http://www.fukung.net/v/11838/8df818...38e200fe39.jpg

chuckcar

mickeymuffin <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> On Jun 14, 1:07*am, "Mike Easter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Previously:
>>
>> > have a tiny "spider" crawling around on my computer screen

>> mickeymuffin wrote:
>> > Aaaagggghhh, its back!!!!!

>> A real insect or a display of an graphical insect?
>>
>> --
>> Mike Easter

> a display of an graphical insect

Just look in add/remove programs and see if *anything* listed has the word
"screen saver" in it's name. In addition try looking in startup - the most
likely place it's running from.

start->run msconfig<enter>

click on the tab marked startup and start looking for that exe file name
you mentioned.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

danny_1952 danny_1952 is offline
Junior Member
Location: Québec

I have many spiders crossing my screen while on Internet. I do not know if they go elsewhere. I only saw them on my mozilla Firefox screen so far. What is it? How to eliminate them?
Here are my computer informations:
Computer : Lenovo Win7PC
Windows Performance: 3.3
Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 900 @ 2.20 GHz 2.19 GHz
Installed Memory: 2 Gig
System: 64 bits

I have Microsoft antivirus and Superantispyware installed and running.