Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Spider Virus?

Re: Spider Virus?

Buffalo

mickeymuffin wrote:
> have a tiny "spider" crawling around on my computer screen, think it
> might be a virus of some kind, ran spybot,ad aware, avg, Malwarebytes'
> Anti-Malware and SUPERAntiSpyware nuthin showing tho. anyone any
> ideas?
>
> tried googling it and only got one similar
>
> http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...1020503AASwZ1x
>
> Little spider looking bug virus?
> there's a little spider looking thing on my screen and i tried getting
> it to crawl on a piece of paper so i could let it out side. it wasn't
> going on it and i couldn't touch it. its inside the screen or
> something. i'm thinking its a virus. my Norton thingy just expired.
> what do i do?

Try here:
http://forums.cnet.com/5208-6142_102...rum-w;forums06

One of the suggesions was:
"same problem- do a search for *.scr- there may be one called blackster-
delete it. do a search for ctf*.*- you will find some recent files, perhaps
ctfmona- it is an exe file- rename it and change the file extension to
something else, I used exxx. that should get stop the bugs. good luck"

Or read all the replies in that thread.
PS: Try going into the Control Panel and setting the screensaver to 'none'.

Buffalo

mickeymuffin wrote:
> On Jun 13, 2:55 pm, "Buffalo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> thanks for the constructive help Buffalo, nothing for blackster.scr
> but found the ctfmona.exe file and renamed it, seems to have worked
> (also the screensaver setting was at "none")

Happy to hear it worked.
Buffalo