Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Triggering an UpdatePanel with a trigger located outside of the UpdatePanel

Triggering an UpdatePanel with a trigger located outside of the UpdatePanel

Nathan Sokalski

I have an UpdatePanel that I want to trigger using a control that is located
outside of the UpdatePanel. Here is my current code:

<asp:TextBox ID="txtMyTextBox" runat="server" AutoPostBack="True"/>
<asp:UpdatePanel ID="updSearch" runat="server" ChildrenAsTriggers="False"
UpdateMode="Conditional">
<ContentTemplate>
<%--Content getting updated--%>
</ContentTemplate>
<Triggers>
<asp:AsyncPostBackTrigger ControlID="txtMyTextBox"
EventName="TextChanged"/>
</Triggers>
</asp:UpdatePanel>

With the current code, the server-side events get executed (I ran the
debugger to check), but the browser does not get updated. If I place the
TextBox (which is my trigger) inside the ContentTemplate, everything works
great. What am I doing wrong? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
--
Nathan Sokalski
http://www.nathansokalski.com/

miher

"Nathan Sokalski" <(E-Mail Removed)> az alábbiakat írta a következő
üzenetben news:uc3wtR#(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have an UpdatePanel that I want to trigger using a control that is
> located outside of the UpdatePanel. Here is my current code:
>
> <asp:TextBox ID="txtMyTextBox" runat="server" AutoPostBack="True"/>
> <asp:UpdatePanel ID="updSearch" runat="server" ChildrenAsTriggers="False"
> UpdateMode="Conditional">
> <ContentTemplate>
> <%--Content getting updated--%>
> </ContentTemplate>
> <Triggers>
> <asp:AsyncPostBackTrigger ControlID="txtMyTextBox"
> EventName="TextChanged"/>
> </Triggers>
> </asp:UpdatePanel>
>
> With the current code, the server-side events get executed (I ran the
> debugger to check), but the browser does not get updated. If I place the
> TextBox (which is my trigger) inside the ContentTemplate, everything works
> great. What am I doing wrong? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
> --
> Nathan Sokalski
> (E-Mail Removed)
> http://www.nathansokalski.com/

Hi,

Can You please clarify what type of update You would like to do ?
-Zsolt