Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > media center problem

media center problem

whodey!

Machine is an HP m9100z with windows vista.

I am wanting to play around with recording from the tv to the PC. I have a tuner
card in the machine is hooked up properly. Finally. The only software I have at
the moment is Windows media center.

I went through the process of setup and it scanned through the system just fine.
Eventually I got the screen to show one channel. Switched through others and
nuthin. This is on a cable tv system. Going to back to the channel it showed
originally, got nuthin again.

What I don't like about WMC is that you must click through dozens of channels
manually. you just can't pick and click. Then what if I want to rerun setup so
it scans for channels again? No can do that I can see. If there is a way, please
advise.

Any other software I could try out? Free or a nominal cost.

richard

On 12 Jun 2009 12:19:03 -0700, whodey! <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Machine is an HP m9100z with windows vista.
>
>I am wanting to play around with recording from the tv to the PC. I have a tuner
>card in the machine is hooked up properly. Finally. The only software I have at
>the moment is Windows media center.
>
>I went through the process of setup and it scanned through the system just fine.
>Eventually I got the screen to show one channel. Switched through others and
>nuthin. This is on a cable tv system. Going to back to the channel it showed
>originally, got nuthin again.
>
>What I don't like about WMC is that you must click through dozens of channels
>manually. you just can't pick and click. Then what if I want to rerun setup so
>it scans for channels again? No can do that I can see. If there is a way, please
>advise.
>
>Any other software I could try out? Free or a nominal cost.

Take a look at this
http://www.snapstream.com/
This puppy has quite a few more features than windows media crap.
21 day free trial. After it's setup it's well worth the $80.