Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Music Keyboard NG

Music Keyboard NG

OldGringo

I am looking for a NG for Music Keyboards. Anyone recommend a good
one? I looked at a form for General Music and it appears as though
no one is home. <g>
--
Old Gringo
Just West Of Nowhere

OldGringo

Two Cents To The Rôgêr Post:
> OldGringo wrote:
>> I am looking for a NG for Music Keyboards. Anyone recommend a good
>> one? I looked at a form for General Music and it appears as though no
>> one is home. <g>

> You could try alt.binaries.sounds.midi
>
> I'm not a regular to that group, but it's active.

Thanks Roger, I'll give it a try.

--
Old Gringo
Just West Of Nowhere
Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
http://www.NuBoy-Industries.com

OldGringo

Two Cents To The Rôgêr Post:
> OldGringo wrote:
>> I am looking for a NG for Music Keyboards. Anyone recommend a good
>> one? I looked at a form for General Music and it appears as though no
>> one is home. <g>

> You could try alt.binaries.sounds.midi
>
> I'm not a regular to that group, but it's active.

Nothing showing up under that heading. Maybe SBC/AT&T did away with
binaries or maybe it's Thunderbird. I never tried a binary group
before. ??

--
Old Gringo
Just West Of Nowhere
Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
http://www.NuBoy-Industries.com

Evan Platt

On Thu, 11 Jun 2009 21:45:59 -0500, OldGringo
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Nothing showing up under that heading. Maybe SBC/AT&T did away with
>binaries or maybe it's Thunderbird. I never tried a binary group
>before. ??

Do you see any alt.binaries?

Rumor is binaries are gone, and all usenet from AT&T will be gone..
July 15th, IIRC.

OldGringo

Two Cents To The Rôgêr Post:
> OldGringo wrote:
>> I am looking for a NG for Music Keyboards. Anyone recommend a good
>> one? I looked at a form for General Music and it appears as though no
>> one is home. <g>

> You could try alt.binaries.sounds.midi
>
> I'm not a regular to that group, but it's active.

Thanks again Roger, I finally got there and it is all Midi files, no
discussions.

--
Old Gringo
Just West Of Nowhere
Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
http://www.NuBoy-Industries.com

thanatoid

OldGringo <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:ychYl.35095$(E-Mail Removed):

> I am looking for a NG for Music Keyboards. Anyone
> recommend a good one? I looked at a form for General Music
> and it appears as though no one is home. <g>

Given the inertia in MIDI/music text groups, may I ask what you
need to know/discuss? I may be able to provide /some/ kind of
reply/advice.

For now I'll just say that there are MANY places on the *web*
where musicians and even just occasional users of a keyboard or
a guitar meet and exchange ideas.

Text Usenet is dying, and binary Usenet will be killed, sooner
or later.

--
Lots of theoretical butchers are alleged and other bloody eyes
are suitable, but will Pam secure that?

OldGringo

Two Cents To The thanatoid Post:
> OldGringo<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:ychYl.35095$(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> I am looking for a NG for Music Keyboards. Anyone
>> recommend a good one? I looked at a form for General Music
>> and it appears as though no one is home.<g>

> Given the inertia in MIDI/music text groups, may I ask what you
> need to know/discuss? I may be able to provide /some/ kind of
> reply/advice.
>
> For now I'll just say that there are MANY places on the *web*
> where musicians and even just occasional users of a keyboard or
> a guitar meet and exchange ideas.
>
> Text Usenet is dying, and binary Usenet will be killed, sooner
> or later.

I have read all there is to read, and now I am looking for someone
with hands on experience with a General Music Gem WK 1000 Arranger
Keyboard.

--
Old Gringo
Just West Of Nowhere
Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
http://www.NuBoy-Industries.com

thanatoid

OldGringo <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:0fuYl.31797$(E-Mail Removed):

<SNIP>

> I have read all there is to read, and now I am looking for
> someone with hands on experience with a General Music Gem
> WK 1000 Arranger Keyboard.

Well, I've heard of the company and it is a good one, but I am
NF with this product. Did you contact the manufacturer with your
problem or is it too unique for them to be able to help you?

I assume you DID read /every/ word of the manual and have
sufficient experience with MIDI (which has not been without its
share of occasional problems).

I would Google for "General Music keyboards forum" and see what
turns up.

Or "MIDI discussion forum". You can always start a new thread -
there ARE other users of that keyboard out there.

As a last resort you could visit a few local keyboard shops and
find someone who knows everything AND likes to talk.

Good luck.

--
Lots of theoretical butchers are alleged and other bloody eyes
are suitable, but will Pam secure that?

OldGringo

Two Cents To The thanatoid Post:
> OldGringo<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:0fuYl.31797$(E-Mail Removed):
>
> <SNIP>
>
>> I have read all there is to read, and now I am looking for
>> someone with hands on experience with a General Music Gem
>> WK 1000 Arranger Keyboard.

> Well, I've heard of the company and it is a good one, but I am
> NF with this product. Did you contact the manufacturer with your
> problem or is it too unique for them to be able to help you?
>
> I assume you DID read /every/ word of the manual and have
> sufficient experience with MIDI (which has not been without its
> share of occasional problems).
>
> I would Google for "General Music keyboards forum" and see what
> turns up.
>
> Or "MIDI discussion forum". You can always start a new thread -
> there ARE other users of that keyboard out there.
>
> As a last resort you could visit a few local keyboard shops and
> find someone who knows everything AND likes to talk.
>
> Good luck.

I have been in contact with the Mfg. Rep. in the US. as the unit is
built in Italy. The General Music / Gem keyboards are top of the
line, however this particular model is near the low end of the
totem-pole and I was wanting to correspond with someone that might
own one. I am familiar with the top-end line of Gem keyboards, just
not this particular model. Anyway I have purchased The Gem WK 1000
off ebay and I am sure I will be pleased with it.
Thank You for the impute, and have a grand day.

--
Old Gringo
Just West Of Nowhere
Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
http://www.NuBoy-Industries.com

Music and Games forum? ww_crimson Gaming 4 09-08-2006 07:07 AM
music? HackaX0rus The Lounge 10 07-11-2005 07:47 AM
Keyboard error or no keyboard present??? Bud Light Computer Support 2 01-22-2005 04:00 AM
Saving website music / identify music berksposter Computer Support 6 10-19-2004 03:29 AM

Advertisments