Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > time out messages.

time out messages.

Sunnie

I've just subscribed to this news group service but I cannot download
the news groups.. I keep getting connection timed out message. I manage
to download this support group and a few other related groups, but
that's it..

All other internet is working fine.

Sunnie

Mike Litoris

"Sunnie" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've just subscribed to this news group service but I cannot download the
> news groups.. I keep getting connection timed out message. I manage to
> download this support group and a few other related groups, but that's
> it..
>
> All other internet is working fine.
>
> Sunnie

Thanks.

thanatoid

Sunnie <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> I've just subscribed to this news group service but I
> cannot download the news groups.. I keep getting connection
> timed out message. I manage to download this support group
> and a few other related groups, but that's it..
>
> All other internet is working fine.
>
> Sunnie

I get them sometimes when my news server is "misbehaving" - and
I just wait and come back later.
It usually works then.

Call them and ask them why. It may be a setting in your
newsreader or some network/setting only they know about. You pay
them, so demand customer service.

If it happens /ALL/ the time and they can't fix it, demand your
money back and sign up with someone else.

--
Lots of theoretical butchers are alleged and other bloody eyes
are suitable, but will Pam secure that?

Whiskers

On 2009-06-11, Sunnie <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I've just subscribed to this news group service but I cannot download
> the news groups.. I keep getting connection timed out message. I manage
> to download this support group and a few other related groups, but
> that's it..
>
> All other internet is working fine.
>
> Sunnie

Can you get to the newsgroup called news.software.readers? If so, post a
question there with the name of your newsreader in the Subject - eg
"Thunderbird newsgroups timeout". There may be a 'timeout' setting
somewhere in Thunderbird which is set to too small a number for your
connection.

I notice that your timezone is +1000 which probably puts you in Australia;
that is a long way from Germany )

Individual.net is one of the most reliable news-servers. They usually
reply fairly quickly to emails sent to http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed).

--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers

Mike Easter

Sunnie wrote:
> I've just subscribed to this news group service but I cannot download
> the news groups.. I keep getting connection timed out message. I manage
> to download this support group and a few other related groups, but
> that's it..
>
> All other internet is working fine.

Individual has an item in their faq
https://news.individual.net/faq.php#1.3 The download of messages is
rather slow. Is the server overloaded?

The item assures that there's no problem with their server and addresses
such as bottlenecks between your provider and the DFN, traffic shaping by
the provider, using alternate ports, and checking the tracert and
emailing them the result.

--
Mike Easter