Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > From AT&T Tuesday at 1:50 PM

From AT&T Tuesday at 1:50 PM

tango

Once and for all the message about AT&T discontinuing news groups is a fact.
Yesterday I contacted AT&T tech support and after talking to two people they
promised they would get bact to me.
I just received that call and they informed me it is factual and AT&T will
discontinue news groups as stated in the Emails sent to news groups.

Evan Platt

On Wed, 10 Jun 2009 18:50:47 GMT, tango <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Once and for all the message about AT&T discontinuing news groups is a fact.

I think everyone here but RtS will believe you..

>Yesterday I contacted AT&T tech support and after talking to two people they
>promised they would get bact to me.
>I just received that call and they informed me it is factual and AT&T will
>discontinue news groups as stated in the Emails sent to news groups.

Umm.. e-mails aren't sent to newsgroups. If it's an e-mail, it's an
e-mail. If it's to newsgroups, it's a post.

Just clarifying

Tony

I know, i already tried to tell richard that no usenet means *no* usenet. Next
thing you know AT&T will be unleashing their FROGThrottle boxes on all their
subscribers next!!

--
The Grandmaster of the CyberFROG

Come get your ticket to CyberFROG city

manners

realm of understandability

tango

Evan Platt <evan@*******************************> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> On Wed, 10 Jun 2009 18:50:47 GMT, tango <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Once and for all the message about AT&T discontinuing news groups is a
>>fact.

> I think everyone here but RtS will believe you..
>
>>Yesterday I contacted AT&T tech support and after talking to two people
>>they promised they would get bact to me.
>>I just received that call and they informed me it is factual and AT&T
>>will discontinue news groups as stated in the Emails sent to news
>>groups.

> Umm.. e-mails aren't sent to newsgroups. If it's an e-mail, it's an
> e-mail. If it's to newsgroups, it's a post.
>
> Just clarifying

You're right, no argument just a mental typo.

alan

"Lookout" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Wed, 10 Jun 2009 18:50:47 GMT, tango <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Once and for all the message about AT&T discontinuing news groups is a
>>fact.
>>Yesterday I contacted AT&T tech support and after talking to two people
>>they
>>promised they would get bact to me.
>>I just received that call and they informed me it is factual and AT&T will
>>discontinue news groups as stated in the Emails sent to news groups.

> When switched to AT&T about 9 months ago they told me it was already
> gone. Bastards lied to me.

AT&T *ALWAYS* lies to you. Last month, at the suggestion of a friend who
was switching from Earthlink (an even worse ISP) to AT&T, I registered with
AT&T so I could "refer" him and get a $25.00 "referral fee". He duly
entered the referral number and nothing happened. When he inquired, he was
told that he had *not* given the referral code and that, in any case, it was
too late to do it now. ****in' bastards . . .

freemont

On Wed, 10 Jun 2009 12:07:18 -0700, Evan Platt writ:

> If it's to newsgroups, it's a post.

(article)

--
"Because all you of Earth are idiots!"
¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·-> freemont© <-·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯

Evan Platt

On Thu, 11 Jun 2009 10:46:43 +0000, freemont
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>(article)

Post, article.. Either one. Not an e-mail.

OT: Tuesday Quiz =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE_MCNGP?= MCSE 9 01-27-2004 09:39 PM
OT Tuesday fun Consultant MCSE 12 12-17-2003 03:38 PM
Going to take my 216 on Tuesday... Simon Rutley-Frayne MCSE 9 12-13-2003 03:50 PM
OT: Tuesday Fun =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE_MCNGP?= MCSE 1 11-18-2003 09:18 PM
FYI - Upcoming Certification Chat tomorrow - Tuesday Kari Fink [MSFT] MCSE 2 11-12-2003 09:14 AM

Advertisments