Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > with Sp2 out now, is there *anything* good about Vista?

with Sp2 out now, is there *anything* good about Vista?

zvn[]teq[7]

with Sp2 out now, is there *anything* good about Vista that makes it in
anyway better than previous windows versions? (My God it must at least
be better than Win Me)

Are there any Vista fans? I find the explorer to be much easier to jump
around files... and the higher security to run things as administrator
seem to be nice, it's sometimes a pain it asking me to continue to run
and install things, but as long as it's for a good purpose I figure it's
a good thing.

although to be honest, I have all the bells and whistles off (Aero) and
it looks like Win95/95

Any now Win7 is going to make it's debut, but I'm scared at what I've
read regarding 7 deleting certain types of programs/files? I forget
exactly which type these would be, but the article made me wonder if 7
would be a good thing or not (being that my copy of office2007
enterprise edition is... well, you know)

guess I'm looking for some cosmic validation for me purchasing this PC
with Vista installed...............Ha! Oh well

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

"zvn[]teq[7]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>with Sp2 out now, is there *anything* good about Vista that makes it in
>anyway better than previous windows versions? (My God it must at least
>be better than Win Me)

Actually Me lasted retail for quite awhile.

vista really didn't stand a chance, even less when the "A Cost
Analysis of Windows Vista Content Protection" article came out just
before vista did.

After that, anytime someone asked about vista, that article was
linked.

>although to be honest, I have all the bells and whistles off (Aero) and
>it looks like Win95/95

My systems have always had the classic windows look, and themes turned
off. But my video card (I run XP) has directX10 onboard so I have Aero
(or the effect, it's a function of the video driver), I can see thru
windows that I'm moving and it's kinda of neat, but distracting at the
same time.

>guess I'm looking for some cosmic validation for me purchasing this PC
>with Vista installed...............Ha! Oh well

Validation? Anytime entire countries change O/S's cause vista would of
cost too much to implement, it's kinda hard to stick up for it.

--

Just one adventure of Mr. Gay
http://www.fukung.net/v/11838/8df818...38e200fe39.jpg