Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Web Form Performance Versus Single File Performance

Web Form Performance Versus Single File Performance

jm

Those of you who use Visual Studio, do you find a big performance
difference between the single file model and the web form / class
behind form model? I am trying to justify purchasing Visual Studio
..NET and want the "extended features" (compiling the .net page) to be
one of the reasons.

Thanks for any links, guidance, and help.

alien2_51

There's definate benefits of using the code behind model, especially with
larger projects with a lot of code. There's clear seperation between client
code and server code... I'm not sure but I think you should be able to use
the code behind model with web matrix, although the VS.NET debugger is
priceless and every bit worth buyong the full blown IDE...

http://www.asp.net/webmatrix/

news:(E-Mail Removed) om...