Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Re: Web site auto-update

Re: Web site auto-update

Rom

On Tue, 9 Jun 2009 18:21:30 -0400, Bishoop wrote:

> Firefox v 3.0.10.
>
> For some reason now when I open a web site that auto-updates it's contents a
> drop down appears that I must click "Allow" for it to update. After the
> update it has to be clicked. It used to auto-update without my
> intervention. This does not happen on all web site.

UNcheck this setting:
Tools > Options > Advanced > General tab
--Accessibility--
[ ] Warn me when web sites try to redirect or reload the page

<http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Options+window+-+Advanced+panel#Accessibility>
<http://kb.mozillazine.org/Accessibility.blockautorefresh>

--
Rom

Justin

Bishoop wrote on [Tue, 9 Jun 2009 21:53:49 -0400]:

> "Rom" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On Tue, 9 Jun 2009 18:21:30 -0400, Bishoop wrote:
>>
>>> Firefox v 3.0.10.
>>>
>>> For some reason now when I open a web site that auto-updates it's
>>> contents a
>>> drop down appears that I must click "Allow" for it to update. After the
>>> update it has to be clicked. It used to auto-update without my
>>> intervention. This does not happen on all web site.

>> UNcheck this setting:
>> Tools > Options > Advanced > General tab
>> --Accessibility--
>> [ ] Warn me when web sites try to redirect or reload the page
>>
>> <http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Options+window+-+Advanced+panel#Accessibility>
>> <http://kb.mozillazine.org/Accessibility.blockautorefresh>
>>
>> --
>> Rom

> Thanks. I surely never checked it, wonder how it happened.
>
> At any rate, everything is the way it was.

The way it was, or the way you want it to be?
I.e. is the problem resolved?