Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Question about unfinalized discs

Question about unfinalized discs

souha12@gmail.com

If I have DVD discs that were used to record on a DVD recorder and
they weren't finalized, and that DVD recorder breaks down, can I still
play what was recorded and continue to record on those discs without
having to reformat them, by buying another DVD recorder of the same
model? And does it have to be the exact same model or can it be
another one of the same brand?

RickMerrill

> If I have DVD discs that were used to record on a DVD recorder and
> they weren't finalized, and that DVD recorder breaks down, can I still
> play what was recorded and continue to record on those discs without
> having to reformat them, by buying another DVD recorder of the same
> model? And does it have to be the exact same model or can it be
> another one of the same brand?

Unfinalized disks can usually be read by using ISOBUSTER.

(i am not working for Isobuster co.)

Souhas

RickMerrill wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> > If I have DVD discs that were used to record on a DVD recorder and
> > they weren't finalized, and that DVD recorder breaks down, can I still
> > play what was recorded and continue to record on those discs without
> > having to reformat them, by buying another DVD recorder of the same
> > model? And does it have to be the exact same model or can it be
> > another one of the same brand?

> Unfinalized disks can usually be read by using ISOBUSTER.
>
> (i am not working for Isobuster co.)

Thanks for the info. If that works, that would at least solve problem
of reading the unfinalized discs. I do have a bunch of unfinalized DVD-
R discs that were used on the DVD recorder and still have a lot of
space left that I don't want to waste.

Now that you've told me about Isobuster, I'm wondering if there's also
a way to add to the discs not with a DVD recorder but with the PC? If
there is, I wouldn't have to buy another DVD recorder.

windhello

I recommend you use this software :E.M. Total Video Converter.
It’s a piece of extremely powerful and full-featured converter
software that supports almost all video and audio formats. The
software is designed to convert video for your mobile video player as
3gp, mp4, PSP, PS3, iPod, iPhone etc and also VCD or DVD player,
XBOX360
http://www.google.com/search?q=Total...=1I7GGLL_zh-CN
http://www.effectmatrix.com/total-vi...rter/index.htm