Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Is this information correct regarding IP addresses?

Is this information correct regarding IP addresses?

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

~BD~ wrote:
[cross-post snipped]

> I should be most grateful for a reponse, ...

Maybe he doesn't reply to people who cross-post for no apparent reason?

--
-bts

~BD~

news:h1rq1l$kt1$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
> ~BD~ wrote:
> [cross-post snipped]
>
>> I should be most grateful for a reponse, ...

> Maybe he doesn't reply to people who cross-post for no apparent
> reason?

That is possible I suppose.

Interesting though, BTS, no 'crosspost' message appeared on this machine
in 'microsoft.public.security'

Did it show on your computer(s)?

FYI - here is a question and my reply for review .................

(question at the bottom)

I had to make a slight adjustment, but now see ..........

"Hello Dave. Read below. Tell me if you can read it better still see it

hello and how are you David. Boating lately"

As I mentioned recently - I *am* boating! In fact, I've been on board
continuously for more than 4 weeks.

Today is blue sky and sunshine with temperatures expected of around 24
degrees - magical!

HTH

--
Dave

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

~BD~ wrote:

> "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" wrote:
>> ~BD~ wrote:
>> [cross-post snipped]
>>
>>> I should be most grateful for a reponse, ...

>> Maybe he doesn't reply to people who cross-post for no apparent
>> reason?

> That is possible I suppose.
>
> Interesting though, BTS, no 'crosspost' message appeared on this
> machine in 'microsoft.public.security'

In this thread, at least since 9 June, it was posted to one group: this
one. Then in your goad to David (Message-ID:
<h1rf7j$7nt$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org>), you added:

> Newsgroups: alt.computer.security,microsoft.public.security

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
...for no apparent reason.

I wouldn't think your newsreader was capable, but mine only shows a post
once if I'm subscribed to two or more cross-posted groups. It's an
option.

> Did it show on your computer(s)?

Of course. How else would I have known you cross-posted? Or do you mean
did I see it in the Mickeysoft group? No, I don't subscribe to any MS
groups.

[snip rest of...]

--
-bts

Peter Foldes

news:h1t825$igd$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
> ~BD~ wrote:
>
>> "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" wrote:
>>> ~BD~ wrote:
>>> [cross-post snipped]

>>> Maybe he doesn't reply to people who cross-post for no apparent
>>> reason?

>> That is possible I suppose.
>>
>> Interesting though, BTS, no 'crosspost' message appeared on this
>> machine in 'microsoft.public.security'

> In this thread, at least since 9 June, it was posted to one group:
> this
> one. Then in your goad to David (Message-ID:
> <h1rf7j$7nt$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org>), you added:
>
>> Newsgroups: alt.computer.security,microsoft.public.security

> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> ..for no apparent reason.
>
> I wouldn't think your newsreader was capable, but mine only shows a
> post
> once if I'm subscribed to two or more cross-posted groups. It's an
> option.
>
>> Did it show on your computer(s)?

> Of course. How else would I have known you cross-posted? Or do you
> mean
> did I see it in the Mickeysoft group? No, I don't subscribe to any MS
> groups.
>
> [snip rest of...]
>
> --
> -bts
> -Friends don't let friends drive Windows

I had not intended to "goad" David Lipman - I would simply have liked
him to answer my question. He frequents the Microsoft groups too, so I
crossposted there in the hope that I'd gain his attention and elicit a
response.

My skill at explaining things is certainly slipping - I did indeed mean
had you seen the post in the Microsoft group. My apologies!

So - I crossposted - but, on this machine, my post did *not* appear in
the Microsoft group. Maybe this is 'just one of those things' but it has
happened many times before - that is another reason I have crossposted
on previous occasions, trying to ascertain the reason for posts not
appearing.

Thanks for your comments, BTS

--
Dave

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Peter Foldes wrote:

> I had not intended to "goad" David Lipman - ...
> So - I crossposted - but, on this machine, ...

Dave, why are you now "Peter Foldes?" Mystifying...

> Thanks for your comments, BTS

My pleasure.

--
-bts

~BD~

"Tim Jackson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> LOL. Do I see a man hoist by his own sock-puppet?
>
> Tim

Gulp - hic!

Yes - you do, Tim!

Guess I had one glass of wine too many on this warm and barmy day!

FYI - now at Stoke Bruerne, heading south to London on the GU.

--
Dave

~BD~

news:h20hv6$p9p$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...

> Dave, why are you now "Peter Foldes?" Mystifying...

Cock-up on my part, BTS. ))

I play games with him from time to time - you'll probably have noticed
that I posted from a different news server.

Too much wine methinks!
--
Dave

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

~BD~ wrote:

> "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" wrote:
>> Dave, why are you now "Peter Foldes?" Mystifying...

> Cock-up on my part, BTS. ))

Seems to be.

> I play games with him from time to time - you'll probably have noticed
> that I posted from a different news server.

No, I didn't look that close. So why do you want to impersonate someone
else?

> Too much wine methinks!

Did you create your identity in his name while drunk?

--
-bts

~BD~

news:h20oog$6kb$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...

>> I play games with him from time to time - you'll probably have
>> noticed
>> that I posted from a different news server.

> No, I didn't look that close. So why do you want to impersonate
> someone
> else?

Initially to prove to myself that it can be done - and how very easy it
actually is! Most 'regulars' know exactly who *I* am - but I'm not up to
mischief. How very simple it would be (is?) for a 'bad guy' to
masquerade as another individual and post a link in a newsgroup that
would take the unsuspecting off to a bogus or infected site. I had no
idea about this just a few short years ago.

> Did you create your identity in his name while drunk?

No,sir! Created quite deliberately so that I could post here - in the
name of Peter Foldes - a message he posted for my attention elsewhere. I
did so on 23 June in the hope that someone here might be bright enough
to decode the message - I failed to do so! It seems that noone else can
do so either!

It's a *very* long story, BTS!

--
Dave

~BD~

Who is 'Kent'?

--
Dave

"Scarlett" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:h12rik$lgn$(E-Mail Removed)...
> LOL that's like trying to explain satire to Kent.....anything posted
> he took
> as real....such as the invite to a fishing trip and someone mentioned
> bringing the cement blocks......after 12 years he still accuses us of
> making
> death threats.

simulation result is correct but synthesis result is not correct J.Ram VHDL 7 12-03-2008 01:26 PM
Uploaded File Empty but in correct folder with correct name froil Perl Misc 12 03-02-2006 01:21 PM
Correct White Balance Doesn't Mean Correct Color?? jim evans Digital Photography 28 12-27-2005 05:10 AM
correct or not correct? Dan HTML 7 10-02-2003 10:16 PM
To correct my program. please, check to find errors and correct me. joon Java 1 07-08-2003 06:13 AM

Advertisments