Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Is this information correct regarding IP addresses?

Is this information correct regarding IP addresses?

~BD~

news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> snip.
> http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/flippant
>
> --
> Dave
> Multi-AV - http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp

)) Hahaha! But what if he's *not* being flippant?!!!!

Have you, or your colleagues, by chance ever investigated the
help/advice given on the www.aumha.net site, David, especially when such
'help' involves downloading software onto one's machine?

Are you able to assure me that *no* malpractice is occurring there?
--
Dave

~BD~

Thanks for putting your neck on the line, Todd!

My apologies for being off topic - I just happen to value the comments
of some folk answering here rather than some respondingon the Microsoft
groups.
--
Dave

~BD~

"Leythos" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> In article <h0k1pi$mog$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org>,
>> Thank you for your comment, Leythos. It would have been more helpful
>> me, though, had you answered my question!
>>
>> FYI - I have not been banned from "lots of places" - just Aumha and
>> Annexcafe (as far as I am aware).
>>

> What you're missing is that you were banned, and you don't have a
> "Right" to post on the board, it's a privilege only.

That I DO understand. But I do *not* know what caused my expulsion from
aumha - it seemed to be prompted by notifying the staff that I was using
a corporate version of Symantec for protection.

> Based on that simple understanding, and my impression of how you act
> here, I can completely understand you being banned and that makes your
> question worthless.

My question was (supposed) to be about this:-

"You are not able to hide your ID even if posted or changed with another
IP unless you are using your own bonafide server along with Exchange
(2K3&8,SBS,Exchange and similar)"

Peter Foldes has told me this too. I cannot understand how anyone can
'track' anyone else if an IP is changed and/or one's ISP changed - but I
do recognise that changing username is pointless. How can/does using a
server rather than a staight-forward computer alter things?
--
Dave

Leythos

In article <h0l755$eve$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org>,
(E-Mail Removed) says...

> "Leythos" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> > In article <h0k1pi$mog$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org>,
> > (E-Mail Removed) says...
> >> Thank you for your comment, Leythos. It would have been more helpful
> >> me, though, had you answered my question!
> >>
> >> FYI - I have not been banned from "lots of places" - just Aumha and
> >> Annexcafe (as far as I am aware).
> >>

> > What you're missing is that you were banned, and you don't have a
> > "Right" to post on the board, it's a privilege only.

> That I DO understand. But I do *not* know what caused my expulsion from
> aumha - it seemed to be prompted by notifying the staff that I was using
> a corporate version of Symantec for protection.

Hardly, as the corporate versions of Symantec products are considered
reliable. You were warned, I'm betting, and ignored the warning.

[Snip]

Trust yourself.
(E-Mail Removed) (remove 999 for proper email address)

♥Ari♥

On Mon, 08 Jun 2009 18:19:27 -0500, Todd H. wrote:

> Also, this is not a security question, therefore it is off-topic for
> alt.computer.security, and you're itching for being added to lots of
> killfiles in newsreaders round the globe (as I'm I for replying to a
> question of yours, I'm sure).

You can bet on it, Todd.
--
A fireside chat not with Ari!
http://tr.im/holj

Leythos

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
(E-Mail Removed) says...
> If you will pardon my intrusion, I'll comment through your post
> since I do not see the original (mercifully.)
>
> Perhaps BD might understand a simple analogy

I have no problem with that Leonard, you're being very nice to BD, far
niced than need be.

Trust yourself.
(E-Mail Removed) (remove 999 for proper email address)

Leythos

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
(E-Mail Removed) says...
> If you will pardon my intrusion, I'll comment through your post
> since I do not see the original (mercifully.)
>
> Perhaps BD might understand a simple analogy

I have no problem with that Leonard, you're being very nice to BD, far
nicer than need be.

Trust yourself.
(E-Mail Removed) (remove 999 for proper email address)

Leythos

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
(E-Mail Removed) says...
> Also, I didn't think I was really that nice. I need to work on
> that.

Maybe I'll let you write some of my responses when I'm tired, so that
they appear to be nicer than I would be

Trust yourself.
(E-Mail Removed) (remove 999 for proper email address)

Scarlett

David H. Lipman wrote:
> From: "~BD~" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>

>> "Leythos" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
>>> In article <h0jh3e$u96$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org>,
>>> (E-Mail Removed) says...

>>> You should never post emails sent in private in Usenet without
>>> permission of the other person. Based on what I've seen of your
>>> posts I
>>> can easily imagine you being banned from a lot of places.

>> Thank you for your comment, Leythos. It would have been more helpful
>> to me, though, had you answered my question!

>> FYI - I have not been banned from "lots of places" - just Aumha and
>> Annexcafe (as far as I am aware).

>> This is an interesting disclaimer which may be found posted by Mr
>> Eshelman on his web site:-

>> FINAL NECESSARY LEGAL STUFF by James A. Eshelman: All information
>> given in this forum, and on all other parts of the Windows Support
>> Center Web site, is probably wrong. I cannot guarantee, and do not
>> guarantee, that any information provided here will work on any
>> computer system for any user at any time. All content is provided
>> only for entertainment purposes. Worse yet, I sometimes make
>> mistakes (that's life!), and it is possibly I made one or more of
>> them here. All information herein is offered as-is and without
>> warranty of any kind. You take your life in your own hands if you
>> trust me on any of it. Bad things may happen to you, and you have
>> only yourself to blame. Neither James Eshelman, this site, outside
>> contributors to this site, people quoted on this site, nor my cat
>> Ares is/are responsible for any loss, injury, or damage, direct or
>> consequential, resulting from application of any information
>> presented here.

>> --
>> Dave

> http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/flippant

LOL that's like trying to explain satire to Kent.....anything posted he took
as real....such as the invite to a fishing trip and someone mentioned
bringing the cement blocks......after 12 years he still accuses us of making
death threats.

~BD~

See below

"~BD~" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:h0l5nl$5km$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...

> news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
>> snip.
>> http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/flippant
>>
>> --
>> Dave
>> http://www.claymania.com/removal-trojan-adware.html
>> Multi-AV - http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp
>>

> )) Hahaha! But what if he's *not* being flippant?!!!!
>
> Have you, or your colleagues, by chance ever investigated the
> help/advice given on the www.aumha.net site, David, especially when
> such 'help' involves downloading software onto one's machine?
>
> Are you able to assure me that *no* malpractice is occurring there?

I should be most grateful for a reponse, David H. Lipman.

--
Dave
> --
> Dave

simulation result is correct but synthesis result is not correct J.Ram VHDL 7 12-03-2008 01:26 PM
Uploaded File Empty but in correct folder with correct name froil Perl Misc 12 03-02-2006 01:21 PM
Correct White Balance Doesn't Mean Correct Color?? jim evans Digital Photography 28 12-27-2005 05:10 AM
correct or not correct? Dan HTML 7 10-02-2003 10:16 PM
To correct my program. please, check to find errors and correct me. joon Java 1 07-08-2003 06:13 AM

Advertisments