Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Toshiba laptop won't connect

Toshiba laptop won't connect

Scott

I am trying to troubleshoot my friends laptop. His hard drive crashed and
was replaced, but since then he couldn't connect to his linksys wireless
network. I brought the computer to my house and was able to connect to my
Buffalo Technologies router without incident. Thinking the router was the
issue I went to his house with my laptop. My Dell connected without any
problems. The Toshiba would connect without any security and when the
security was adjusted it would connect but after rebooting would not connect
again. Any help would be appreciated.

Jack [MVP-Networking]

Hi
First make sure that it works for a while without security.
I.e., Reboot few times, use the Internet, etc. If it works well, then
switch On security, put in a new password, and use copy and paste to put the
same password in the Computer.
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

"Scott" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am trying to troubleshoot my friends laptop. His hard drive crashed and
>was replaced, but since then he couldn't connect to his linksys wireless
>network. I brought the computer to my house and was able to connect to my
>Buffalo Technologies router without incident. Thinking the router was the
>issue I went to his house with my laptop. My Dell connected without any
>problems. The Toshiba would connect without any security and when the
>security was adjusted it would connect but after rebooting would not
>connect again. Any help would be appreciated.

Roberto le Cornielle

I see you're having the same problem as me, don't have a solution
as yet but see Jack's response to my earlier post it might apply
to your situation.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928233

rgds
Roberto

"Scott" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am trying to troubleshoot my friends laptop. His hard drive crashed and
>was replaced, but since then he couldn't connect to his linksys wireless
>network. I brought the computer to my house and was able to connect to my
>Buffalo Technologies router without incident. Thinking the router was the
>issue I went to his house with my laptop. My Dell connected without any
>problems. The Toshiba would connect without any security and when the
>security was adjusted it would connect but after rebooting would not
>connect again. Any help would be appreciated.

Scott

The laptop has worked on the unsecured network and was rebooted several
times. The laptop is also running Windows Vista.
news:(E-Mail Removed)...