Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > WIN 7 Another Lemon..?

WIN 7 Another Lemon..?

Woger

Well with a VISTA most software had to be repurchased as companies did not
offer upgrades, Plus hardware had to be replaced due to lack of updated
Drivers.

I have the same problems with chipset's added on the MoBo not Vista Drives,
some post that I have read the used the stand alone version of these chipset's
and patched the BIOS with the new firmware so that they could use the VISTA
Drivers..

In my case its a ITE chip set IT8212F and Silicon Image Sil3112 SATA Raid
driver..

I was going to try to see if WIN 7 would sort of work but the site that I
pulled down the latest files had corrupted files.

Plus how come that XP fitted on 600megs CD but WIN 7 needs 2.6 to 3 Gigs
DVD.?

So do you get some 2 Gigs of added features, or it because WIN 7 is programmed
in Basic..?

Plus why is it the Home version does not have the XP virtual support, mind you
most CPU's do not support it, another MS Stuff up.

Plus they locked in PC DX9 games that needed VISTA to work, what a dirty
trick.

Craig Sutton

"Woger" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Well with a VISTA most software had to be repurchased as companies did
> not
> offer upgrades, Plus hardware had to be replaced due to lack of updated
> Drivers.
>
> I have the same problems with chipset's added on the MoBo not Vista
> Drives,
> some post that I have read the used the stand alone version of these
> chipset's
> and patched the BIOS with the new firmware so that they could use the
> VISTA
> Drivers..
>
> In my case its a ITE chip set IT8212F and Silicon Image Sil3112 SATA
> Raid
> driver..
>

> I was going to try to see if WIN 7 would sort of work but the site that I
> pulled down the latest files had corrupted files.
>
> Plus how come that XP fitted on 600megs CD but WIN 7 needs 2.6 to 3 Gigs
> DVD.?
>
> So do you get some 2 Gigs of added features, or it because WIN 7 is
> programmed
> in Basic..?
>
> Plus why is it the Home version does not have the XP virtual support, mind
> you
> most CPU's do not support it, another MS Stuff up.
>
> Plus they locked in PC DX9 games that needed VISTA to work, what a dirty
> trick.

Stop whinging and TRY IT

Richard

Woger wrote:
> Well with a VISTA most software had to be repurchased as companies did not
> offer upgrades, Plus hardware had to be replaced due to lack of updated
> Drivers.

Current hardware is supported, most people upgrade pc's vs the few that
upgrade OS on an existing PC.

> I have the same problems with chipset's added on the MoBo not Vista Drives,
> some post that I have read the used the stand alone version of these chipset's
> and patched the BIOS with the new firmware so that they could use the VISTA
> Drivers..
>
> In my case its a ITE chip set IT8212F and Silicon Image Sil3112 SATA Raid
> driver..

So use supported hardware, bug the vendors of your old hardware for
vista drivers or stick with the OS that you have that works.

> I was going to try to see if WIN 7 would sort of work but the site that I
> pulled down the latest files had corrupted files.

Stop downloading from dodgey warez sites then

> Plus how come that XP fitted on 600megs CD but WIN 7 needs 2.6 to 3 Gigs
> DVD.?

Because there is a lot more stuff in it then XP had.

> So do you get some 2 Gigs of added features, or it because WIN 7 is programmed
> in Basic..?

Oh dear

> Plus why is it the Home version does not have the XP virtual support, mind you
> most CPU's do not support it, another MS Stuff up.

Because they have decided that home users don't need the feature, and
they are probably correct, did you go complaining that some software
didnt work back when SSE was optional on CPUs? Its an extension after
all.. so sort of optional to have it or not.

Besides, what current CPUs dont support it that would be capable of
running things at a reasonable speed?

> Plus they locked in PC DX9 games that needed VISTA to work, what a dirty
> trick.

No, smart business practice - make sure that people with capable
machines are using a newer OS on it to use the games means sell more
OS licenses.

~misfit~

Somewhere on teh intarwebs Richard wrote:
> Woger wrote:
>> Plus why is it the Home version does not have the XP virtual
>> support, mind you most CPU's do not support it, another MS Stuff up.

> Because they have decided that home users don't need the feature, and
> they are probably correct, did you go complaining that some software
> didnt work back when SSE was optional on CPUs? Its an extension after
> all.. so sort of optional to have it or not.
>
> Besides, what current CPUs dont support it that would be capable of
> running things at a reasonable speed?

My E7300 dual-core that runs at 2.66GHz stock but, simply by changing the
FSB speed, (*not* the vcore) runs rock-solid at 3.33GHz.
--
Shaun.