Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Displaying a Loading Screen

Displaying a Loading Screen

King Coffee

Hi,

I have an ASP.NET database application which takes time to load. Are there
any preload splash screen resources.

King

Juan T. Llibre

Go to :

http://www.ipona.com/samples/default.aspx

....scroll down to :
"Downloads for Talks" , and then "ASP Connections: AGN201 - Please Wait (372Kb)"

and download the samples.

The "Staged Loading" sample is what you're looking for.

Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
¿ Estas probando VS 2010 y ASP.NET 4.0 ?
Regístrate (gratis) en los Foros de VS 2010 y ASP.NET 4.0, en español
http://asp.net.do/foros/forums/
"King Coffee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I have an ASP.NET database application which takes time to load. Are there any preload splash screen resources.
>
> King

King Coffee

Hi Mark,

You where right. I prematurely assumed I had an answer. The code procedure
within Juan message can be performed via an update panel. So, it only
partially address my issue. I decided to put up a Please wait... splash
screen and then, immediately redirect to the slow page via of a update panel
postback. The message is displayed for a few seconds while the new page is

Thanks,
King

news:(E-Mail Removed)...