Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > General Computer Support > Problems in creating an ISO image

Problems in creating an ISO image

jgp123 jgp123 is offline
Junior Member

Hi friends,
I am facing a typical problem, which apparently looks very simple. I am narrating in brief.
I downloaded a large software file(.rar) containing 9 parts. After extraction with 7-Zip software, 9 parts converted into 34 parts with extentions from .r00 to .r33 & some other files like 1-no .rar, 1-no .sfv. I again extracted .rar files, when all the files got joined automatically with an extention .iso (file size 1.7GB). I burnt the file in a blank DVD-RW disc with Nero v6.6. Though the file possess an extention of .iso, it never looked like an image file which found to be correct as the software could not be installed from the DVD disc. Can any of my friends of this forum guide me how to convert the file into a real ISO image which is installable in a Windows machine.
I use WinXP-sp2 in a Pentium Dual core machine with 2 GB memory.

Thanks in advance.

jgp123

jbuyers jbuyers is offline
Member

look for "burn image" or "import disc image" and do it like that

hope this helps.