Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > the truth is, this great tradition is under attack

the truth is, this great tradition is under attack

Dave U. Random

richard

On Sat, 06 Jun 2009 11:03:48 -0400, Rgr <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Dave U. Random wrote:
>> http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...7OqJeTJNtmkHDT
>> wD98L41P00

>I fully agree, the great tradition has always been /ONLY/ impartial
>judges on the supreme court, never once have we had a supreme court
>justice who brought their own personal opinions or bias into play.
>
>*ahem*
>

>*cough*
>
>So now is the time to listen to Rush Limbaugh on how to be impartial, I say!

Well most people do not realize that a newly appointed Justice won't
be saying much for a few years. Like when Ms. O'Connor was appointed,
she wasn't heard from a few years either.
Now this highly vocal bitch will just have to learn to keep her mouth
shut and that she isn't going to like.

elaich

Rgr <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed) om:

> I fully agree, the great tradition has always been /ONLY/ impartial
> judges on the supreme court, never once have we had a supreme court
> justice who brought their own personal opinions or bias into play.

I've heard it said, that if she were a white male, based on her views, she
would be consider a flaming racist.

Bucky Breeder

elaich <(E-Mail Removed)> deflatulated this with news:h0ed78$i4l$(E-Mail Removed):

> Rgr <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed) om:
>
>> I fully agree, the great tradition has always been /ONLY/ impartial
>> judges on the supreme court, never once have we had a supreme court
>> justice who brought their own personal opinions or bias into play.

> I've heard it said, that if she were a white male, based on her views,
> she would be consider a flaming racist.

If she were a Judge Judy she'd let all the Hispaniac wimmins
just cut off the white mens' penises, throw them in the roads
then go back to Hispaniacland for good with no prison or fines:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorena_Bobbitt

I'm ascared of this Obama puppet... more ascared of her than
of the Mexican Swine Flu kookaracha pinatas.

--

I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^; ; and *NO*, that's NOT a snake in my pocket; I'm
NOT particularly happy to see you; and, I'm NOT the Octomom's baby-daddy!

"Waterboarding Muslims is *NOT* '"torture"'; it's merely giving them
Arabs free-choice : the 72 virgins or not!" --Anonymous Bush Staffer

Evan Platt

On Sat, 06 Jun 2009 11:39:31 -0400, richard <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Well most people do not realize that

<Blah Blah>

I love how richard says "Most people don't know that...."

and then talks about the most obvious things in the world.

"Well most people do not realize that if you are driving your car and
it's hot, you can turn on the air conditioning, and it will make you
feel cooler."

So RtS saying "most people do not realize" translates to "I'm a
dumbass, and I just figured out that...."

Bucky Breeder

Evan Platt <evan@*******************************> deflatulated
this with news:(E-Mail Removed):

> On Sat, 06 Jun 2009 11:39:31 -0400, richard <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>Well most people do not realize that

> <Blah Blah>
>
> I love how richard says "Most people don't know that...."
>
> and then talks about the most obvious things in the world.
>
> "Well most people do not realize that if you are driving
> your car and it's hot, you can turn on the air conditioning,
> and it will make you feel cooler."
>
> So RtS saying "most people do not realize" translates to
> "I'm a dumbass, and I just figured out that...."

Or it's like saying everyone else is teh st00peed ones, and he
teh only one what got the whole thang figgered out. BTW, the
Hon. Sandra Day O'Connor almost immediately swung the court's
decisions to a moderate majority and particularly her rulings
on abortion, couched as womens' rights to decide and control
their own bodies, were almost immediate and far-reaching.

Just because an Associate Justice doesn't write either a
prevailing or a dissenting opinion does not mean a newly
appointed justice does not have a profound effect on cases
heard before the Supreme Court.

What's scariest to me about her position is that, as a Federal
Appellate Court Justice, she has authored over 200 opinions, and
*only* 3 have been overturned by the Supreme Court. That's only
1.3%... http://www.newsweek.com/id/199955

--

I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^; ; and *NO*, that's NOT a snake in my pocket; I'm
NOT particularly happy to see you; and, I'm NOT the Octomom's baby-daddy!

"Waterboarding Muslims is *NOT* '"torture"'; it's merely giving them
Arabs free-choice : the 72 virgins or not!" --Anonymous Bush Staffer

elaich

Lookout <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

>>So now is the time to listen to Rush Limbaugh on how to be impartial,
>>I say!

> Please tell us how Lush Dumbo, a radio talk show host and Sotomayor, a
> judge have any connection.

Turn your sarcasm meter on.