Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSA > Error messages while installingusing software for exam preparation (70-290)

Error messages while installingusing software for exam preparation (70-290)

Michael Portner

Hi together,

I just installed the electronic exam preparation software (Microsoft Press
Readiness Review Suite) from the original Microsoft Training CD that
comes with the book "Managing and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows
Server(TM) 2003 Environment" (70-290).During installation the this first
error comes up:

"The Windows Installer service cannot update the system file
C:\WINDOWS\system32\msxml3r.dll because the file is protected
by Windows."

The installation continues after confirming the error message with OK.
Unfortunately there are further errors when I try to start the
application.While starting the application the error in this next error
is shown:

Window title: "Application Error"
Window text:
"Error Number: 1000
Error Source: frmMain.MDIForm_Load
MDIForm:Load
[MsLocalWare] [429] ActiveX component can't create object"

When I choose "StartNew Test" from the "Test" menu the third error
appears:

Window title: "Microsoft Press Readiness Review Suite"
Window Text:
"Run-time error '91':
Object variable or With block variable not set"

Closing this error causes the whole application to quit.

I searched for information about the error in the internet but couldn't
find any suitable hints. The Microsoft Knowledgebase contains
articles concerning ActiveX errors but not exactly with this application.

I tried to use the software with "Windows XP SP3" as well as with
"Vista Ultimate SP1" - in both cases the sameerrors appear. Both
operating systems are the German version.

I already tried to install several versions of Microsofts MSXML Parser
and even updated the msxml3r.dll seperately by turning off system file
protection.

What shall I do to solve the problem?

Thank you for your efforts!

Best regards,