Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > wireless zero config not displaying any signals, if any third partywireless client takes control and gives control back to wzc

wireless zero config not displaying any signals, if any third partywireless client takes control and gives control back to wzc

Naresh Samba

I am using a Odyssey Funk client as my wifi client.

1) started funk client, funk started managing wifi
2) exited funk client
3) wireless zero config, says somebody else is managing wifi
connections, i restarted wzc service and asked wzc to take control of
the client.
4) if i go to available wireless networks, It says "There are no
networks in your range, make sure your wireless switch is on". I
checked my radio switch and it is on when this message happens

I see following errors in wzc tracelogs:

[3076] 08:33:41:805: WzcReadFromIntlHandleCompletion:
Error=-1073741536
[3076] 08:33:41:805: InternalWzcReadFromIntlHandle: ReadFile failed
with error 6
[3076] 08:33:41:805: WzcReadFromIntlHandleCompletion:
WzcReadFromIntlHandle error 6
[1548] 08:33:41:805: ##Assert deviceio.c:392## pIntf80211Capability in
INTF_CONTEXT is not initialized to null

Fix1:
1) Plug in broadband cable and restart wzc service

Fix2:
2) execute netsh winsock reset and restart the machine

what is the reason for this error, Is there any fix for this issue
other than wat i mentioned?
I saw this error mostly on windows xpn sp3

Pavel A.

Why do you switch between Odissey and WZC?
Doesn't it work fine when you just use one of them?

-- pa

"Naresh Samba" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am using a Odyssey Funk client as my wifi client.
>
> 1) started funk client, funk started managing wifi
> 2) exited funk client
> 3) wireless zero config, says somebody else is managing wifi
> connections, i restarted wzc service and asked wzc to take control of
> the client.
> 4) if i go to available wireless networks, It says "There are no
> networks in your range, make sure your wireless switch is on". I
> checked my radio switch and it is on when this message happens
>
> I see following errors in wzc tracelogs:
>
> [3076] 08:33:41:805: WzcReadFromIntlHandleCompletion:
> Error=-1073741536
> [3076] 08:33:41:805: InternalWzcReadFromIntlHandle: ReadFile failed
> with error 6
> [3076] 08:33:41:805: WzcReadFromIntlHandleCompletion:
> WzcReadFromIntlHandle error 6
> [1548] 08:33:41:805: ##Assert deviceio.c:392## pIntf80211Capability in
> INTF_CONTEXT is not initialized to null
>
> Fix1:
> 1) Plug in broadband cable and restart wzc service
>
> Fix2:
> 2) execute netsh winsock reset and restart the machine
>
> what is the reason for this error, Is there any fix for this issue
> other than wat i mentioned?
> I saw this error mostly on windows xpn sp3

Jack [MVP-Networking]

Hi
In some cases Exit the Wireless utility is not enough.
Make sure that there is No service related to Funk thta is running, look at
the StratUp folder and take out any entry related to the Funk Util, and
reboot.
Be aware that some vendors organize their Wireless so that if their Util. is
gone so are the card Drivers.
In such case you have to search for independent Drivers (look at the
Wireless Chipset OEM manufacturer's support site).
Do not ask me why some vendors do this . Some time marketing is more
important than Technological considerations.
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

On Jun 6, 5:57*pm, "Pavel A." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Why do you switch between Odissey and WZC?
> Doesn't it *work fine when you just use one of them?
>
> -- pa
>
> "Naresh Samba" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> > I am using a Odyssey Funk client as my wifi client.

> > 1) started funk client, funk started managing wifi
> > 2) exited funk client
> > 3) wireless zero config, says somebody else is managing wifi
> > connections, i restarted wzc service and asked wzc to take control of
> > the client.
> > 4) if i go to available wireless networks, It says *"There are no
> > networks in your range, make sure your wireless switch is on". I
> > checked my radio switch and it is on when this message happens

> > I see following errors in wzc tracelogs:

> > [3076] 08:33:41:805: WzcReadFromIntlHandleCompletion:
> > Error=-1073741536
> > [3076] 08:33:41:805: InternalWzcReadFromIntlHandle: ReadFile failed
> > with error 6
> > [3076] 08:33:41:805: WzcReadFromIntlHandleCompletion:
> > WzcReadFromIntlHandle error 6
> > [1548] 08:33:41:805: ##Assert deviceio.c:392## pIntf80211Capability in
> > INTF_CONTEXT is not initialized to null

> > Fix1:
> > 1) Plug in broadband cable and restart wzc service

> > Fix2:
> > 2) execute netsh winsock reset and restart the machine

> > what is the reason for this error, Is there any fix for this issue
> > other than wat i mentioned?
> > I saw this error mostly on windows xpn sp3

Hi Pravel,

There are some use cases where..i have to switch between wireless
clients, where a user uses one wifi client during corporate network
and other when he is in roaming. This thing works fine on most of the
machines it doesn't happen with every machine

Naresh Samba

On Jun 7, 1:08*am, "Jack [MVP-Networking]" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> Hi
> In some cases Exit the Wireless utility is not enough.
> Make sure that there is No service related to Funk thta is running, look at
> the StratUp folder and take out any entry related to the Funk Util, and
> reboot.
> Be aware that some vendors organize their Wireless so that if their Util. is
> gone so are the card Drivers.
> In such case you have to search for independent Drivers (look at the
> Wireless Chipset OEM manufacturer's support site).
> Do not ask me why some vendors do this . Some time marketing is more
> important than Technological considerations.
> Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).
>
> "Naresh Samba" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> >I am using a Odyssey Funk client as my wifi client.

> > 1) started funk client, funk started managing wifi
> > 2) exited funk client
> > 3) wireless zero config, says somebody else is managing wifi
> > connections, i restarted wzc service and asked wzc to take control of
> > the client.
> > 4) if i go to available wireless networks, It says *"There are no
> > networks in your range, make sure your wireless switch is on". I
> > checked my radio switch and it is on when this message happens

> > I see following errors in wzc tracelogs:

> > [3076] 08:33:41:805: WzcReadFromIntlHandleCompletion:
> > Error=-1073741536
> > [3076] 08:33:41:805: InternalWzcReadFromIntlHandle: ReadFile failed
> > with error 6
> > [3076] 08:33:41:805: WzcReadFromIntlHandleCompletion:
> > WzcReadFromIntlHandle error 6
> > [1548] 08:33:41:805: ##Assert deviceio.c:392## pIntf80211Capability in
> > INTF_CONTEXT is not initialized to null

> > Fix1:
> > 1) Plug in broadband cable and restart wzc service

> > Fix2:
> > 2) execute netsh winsock reset and restart the machine

> > what is the reason for this error, Is there any fix for this issue
> > other than wat i mentioned?
> > I saw this error mostly on windows xpn sp3

Hi Jack,

I am very sure there are no funk services running, this behaviour is
seen only on few machines. do you want me to attach any logs?

Jack-MVP

Hi
If Process Explorer (
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/s.../bb896653.aspx ) does not any
thing running concerning Wireless, given every thing that you already did,
it might be that these computers Network's file system got compromise
already and the OS needs to be Reinstalled.
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

wrote:
> Hi
> In some cases Exit the Wireless utility is not enough.
> Make sure that there is No service related to Funk thta is running, look
> at
> the StratUp folder and take out any entry related to the Funk Util, and
> reboot.
> Be aware that some vendors organize their Wireless so that if their Util.
> is
> gone so are the card Drivers.
> In such case you have to search for independent Drivers (look at the
> Wireless Chipset OEM manufacturer's support site).
> Do not ask me why some vendors do this . Some time marketing is more
> important than Technological considerations.
> Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).
>
> "Naresh Samba" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> >I am using a Odyssey Funk client as my wifi client.

> > 1) started funk client, funk started managing wifi
> > 2) exited funk client
> > 3) wireless zero config, says somebody else is managing wifi
> > connections, i restarted wzc service and asked wzc to take control of
> > the client.
> > 4) if i go to available wireless networks, It says "There are no
> > networks in your range, make sure your wireless switch is on". I
> > checked my radio switch and it is on when this message happens

> > I see following errors in wzc tracelogs:

> > [3076] 08:33:41:805: WzcReadFromIntlHandleCompletion:
> > Error=-1073741536
> > [3076] 08:33:41:805: InternalWzcReadFromIntlHandle: ReadFile failed
> > with error 6
> > [3076] 08:33:41:805: WzcReadFromIntlHandleCompletion:
> > WzcReadFromIntlHandle error 6
> > [1548] 08:33:41:805: ##Assert deviceio.c:392## pIntf80211Capability in
> > INTF_CONTEXT is not initialized to null

> > Fix1:
> > 1) Plug in broadband cable and restart wzc service

> > Fix2:
> > 2) execute netsh winsock reset and restart the machine

> > what is the reason for this error, Is there any fix for this issue
> > other than wat i mentioned?
> > I saw this error mostly on windows xpn sp3

Hi Jack,

I am very sure there are no funk services running, this behaviour is
seen only on few machines. do you want me to attach any logs?

Pavel A.

Well, error 6 may be ERROR_INVALID_HANDLE.
This can mean quite a lot of things - a bug in WZC, or in the
wi-fi device driver, or in the Funk software, or in something else.
Anyway, 3rd party wireless utilities definitely can coexist with WZC,
and switch back and forth. PROSet is a good example.

Good luck.
-- pa