Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > LINQ to SQL - DataContext

LINQ to SQL - DataContext

Scott Rymer

I'm just getting started using Linq to SQL classes and I'm trying to create
a DetailsView with a LinqDataSource on my ASP.net web form. When I try to
configure my datasource, I don't see my DataContext in the "Choose your
context object:" dropdown. How do I make it show up?

Visual Web Developer 2008 Express

-Scott

RichB

Have you built your app, you may need to do this to show the context dd.

"Scott Rymer" <tsrymer/at/hotmail/dot/com> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm just getting started using Linq to SQL classes and I'm trying to
> create a DetailsView with a LinqDataSource on my ASP.net web form. When I
> try to configure my datasource, I don't see my DataContext in the "Choose
> your context object:" dropdown. How do I make it show up?
>
> Visual Web Developer 2008 Express
>
> -Scott

Scott Rymer

Thanks for that... it was there once I built the app. However, I'm now
getting the following error in default.aspx.designer.vb:

Protected WithEvents LinqDataSource1 As
Global.System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinqDataSource
Type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinqDataSource' is not defined.

I'm sure this means I need to add a reference somewhere but I'm not sure
what or where...???

-Scott

"RichB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Have you built your app, you may need to do this to show the context dd.
>

> "Scott Rymer" <tsrymer/at/hotmail/dot/com> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I'm just getting started using Linq to SQL classes and I'm trying to
>> create a DetailsView with a LinqDataSource on my ASP.net web form. When
>> I try to configure my datasource, I don't see my DataContext in the
>> "Choose your context object:" dropdown. How do I make it show up?
>>
>> Visual Web Developer 2008 Express
>>
>> -Scott

>'

Scott Rymer

Found it... I added System.Web.Extensions to my project references and it
seems to be fine...

Thanks Rich!

"Scott Rymer" <tsrymer/at/hotmail/dot/com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks for that... it was there once I built the app. However, I'm now
> getting the following error in default.aspx.designer.vb:
>
> Protected WithEvents LinqDataSource1 As
> Global.System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinqDataSource
> Type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinqDataSource' is not defined.
>
> I'm sure this means I need to add a reference somewhere but I'm not sure
> what or where...???
>
> -Scott
>

> "RichB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Have you built your app, you may need to do this to show the context dd.
>>

>> "Scott Rymer" <tsrymer/at/hotmail/dot/com> wrote in message
>> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> I'm just getting started using Linq to SQL classes and I'm trying to
>>> create a DetailsView with a LinqDataSource on my ASP.net web form. When
>>> I try to configure my datasource, I don't see my DataContext in the
>>> "Choose your context object:" dropdown. How do I make it show up?
>>>
>>> Visual Web Developer 2008 Express
>>>
>>> -Scott

>>'

Load type error Datacontext object Alex. O. Koranteng ASP .Net 2 06-18-2009 02:15 AM
Creating a property of Linq.DataContext.Function? Andy B ASP .Net 0 11-28-2008 05:48 PM
Linq or not Linq George ASP .Net 4 11-05-2008 04:53 PM
LINQ to SQL and new MS SQL 2008 datatypes Mike Gleason jr Couturier ASP .Net 1 10-29-2008 03:42 AM
LINQ DataContext Mike Gleason jr Couturier ASP .Net 1 10-02-2008 02:59 PM

Advertisments