Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > xp 64 stopped working

xp 64 stopped working

ramooz

my good old xp 64 is having a tantrum refusing to work apart from emails
disc drives dont work, cant open applications, cant instal software from the
net
it keeps saying "windows cannot open this program because it has been
prevented by a software restriction policy. open Event Viewer or contact ur
system admin" but im the administrator. I hav avg 8.5 installed dont suppose
virus slipped through!!
any help would be much appreciated
many thanks
--
ray

TMA

Read this
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l...11(WS.10).aspx

"ramooz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> my good old xp 64 is having a tantrum refusing to work apart from emails
> disc drives dont work, cant open applications, cant instal software from
> the
> net
> it keeps saying "windows cannot open this program because it has been
> prevented by a software restriction policy. open Event Viewer or contact
> ur
> system admin" but im the administrator. I hav avg 8.5 installed dont
> suppose
> virus slipped through!!
> any help would be much appreciated
> many thanks
> --
> ray

ramooz

thank you for the link
--
ray

"TMA" wrote:

> Read this
> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l...11(WS.10).aspx
>
> "ramooz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > my good old xp 64 is having a tantrum refusing to work apart from emails
> > disc drives dont work, cant open applications, cant instal software from
> > the
> > net
> > it keeps saying "windows cannot open this program because it has been
> > prevented by a software restriction policy. open Event Viewer or contact
> > ur
> > system admin" but im the administrator. I hav avg 8.5 installed dont
> > suppose
> > virus slipped through!!
> > any help would be much appreciated
> > many thanks