Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Impersonation in Web.Config

Impersonation in Web.Config

DotNet User

Hi
I am getting Access Denied error on c:\windows\assembly, when i
impersonate a user in web.config. I am running windows XP
professional. I have given full control for the impersonating user on
this folder. If I impersonate the same user from machine.config
(aspnet_wp) everything seems to be working fine. But when i change the
machine.config to default(user=machine password=AutoGenerate) and
Impersonate the user through WEB.CONFIG I get this error. I have seen
many posts about this error but have found no solution apart from no
impersonating and changing the user to system in machine.config.
If anyone has a solution or can shed more light on this, it will be
very helpful.

Thanks

Kevin Spencer

A quick way to find out whether or not your ASP.Net app is truly
impersonating is to open Task Manager and see the account name under which
the ASP.Net process is running. In Windows XP and previous, the process will
be named aspnet_wp.exe. In Windows Server 2003, the process will be called
w3wp.exe.

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer

news:(E-Mail Removed) om...

Impersonation code Pramod ASP .Net 1 05-12-2005 09:56 PM
Problem with impersonation and delegation Kelly D. Jones ASP .Net 1 09-12-2003 04:43 PM
Re: ASP.NET Fails after SP4 with Impersonation Hidulf ASP .Net 1 06-30-2003 05:23 PM
Re: ASP.NET Fails after SP4 with Impersonation Raymond Basque ASP .Net 3 06-29-2003 05:18 PM
RE: ASP.NET Fails after SP4 with Impersonation Bassel Tabbara [MSFT] ASP .Net 1 06-28-2003 12:01 AM

Advertisments