Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Hacking My Website

Hacking My Website

Bear Bottoms

I have rivals who spout hate and are mean and discourteous with the
intention to ridicule and assasinate the character of anyone they deem
in opposition to their cause or those who don't join their team. They
are a cult as is their ilk.

I am concerned that their hate will manifest. How can I keep this cult
from destroying my work and such?

They have provided malware which shut down my wireless via my router.
They are capable of many things....this is fact.

Am I vulnerable?
--
Bear Bottoms-Freeware Researcher Extraordinaire
Freeware website: http://bearware.info

Todd H.

Bear Bottoms <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> I have rivals who spout hate and are mean and discourteous with the
> intention to ridicule and assasinate the character of anyone they deem
> in opposition to their cause or those who don't join their team. They
> are a cult as is their ilk.
>
> I am concerned that their hate will manifest. How can I keep this cult
> from destroying my work and such?
>
> They have provided malware which shut down my wireless via my router.
> They are capable of many things....this is fact.
>
> Am I vulnerable?

A penetration test and/or web application security assessment are the
commercial product offerings you seek. You'll want to choose a
reputable, trustworthy and skilled outfit to perform it. They'll
want signed written legal permission to perform the test.

Not all such offerings are created equal. You have a range of
services that'll run a silly scan against the target, often with lots
of false positives, redress it and call it a report, to folks who
really really know what they're doing giving you a very thorough
test.

They aren't cheap as the folks who do this well aren't exactly
unskilled labor.

Best Regards,
--
Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/

VanguardLH

Bear Bottoms wrote:

> I have rivals who spout hate and are mean and discourteous with the
> intention to ridicule and assasinate the character of anyone they deem
> in opposition to their cause or those who don't join their team. They
> are a cult as is their ilk.
>
> I am concerned that their hate will manifest. How can I keep this cult
> from destroying my work and such?
>
> They have provided malware which shut down my wireless via my router.
> They are capable of many things....this is fact.
>
> Am I vulnerable?

See what happens when you attack the folks that think alt.comp.freeware
is a private chat room for discussing management tasks and announcing
additions to the PWH site. Learn to killfile. Then you won't see all
that PWH noise in the group. And stop starting flame threads about PWH
which obviously focuses their attention on you.

> --
> Bear Bottoms-Freeware Researcher Extraordinaire
> Freeware website: http://bearware.info

The "Extraordinaire" is ego stroking and probably doesn't help with your
image, either.

bearware.info is registered through eNom as the registrar. You list
e-mail addresses there for contact. Those contacts only need to be
valid to your registrar and no one else. You should use a special-
purpose e-mail account that is used for e-mails only from your registrar
so they can contact you. Use the account only for registrar e-mails and
add a filter that deletes all e-mails unless they come from your
registrar.

ICANN requires the registrant to provide true information regarding
their identity. However, registrars get around this requirement by
volunteering to be the responsible party for the registration. They
provide a "private" registration. That means the domain's registration
shows the registrant as the registrar. You hide behind the registrar.
Some users will see this hiding and not trust such sites. Many users
haven't a clue how to lookup domain registration data. Private
registration usually costs extra money by the registrar if they provide
that service.

Attractsoft.com is listed in that domain registration. A traceroute to
your host shows it is on a awardspace.com host (who are owned by
AttractSoft). My guess is they are your webhosting provider. Since you
aren't running your own web server, you don't have any control over the
security of your site. You will have to rely on the security afforded,
if any, by your webhost provider. If you're using their freebie
"starter" plan then maybe their paid plans offer more security. For
example, at https://www.awardspace.com/details-e...rter-plan.html,
they show "Password protection" as NOT available for their starter plan.
For example, you might want the root folder for your web store to only
contain the index.html file. Any other web pages for your site must be
accessed or navigation started from index.html and from nowhere else.
That means you password protect the subfolders with your web pages so
only index.html can access them and index.html has nothing more than a
meta-refresh to load the home page from one of those protected
subfolders. Screwing over index.html is possible but then it doesn't
have much inside of it and would be easy to re-upload to replace it.

You will have to discuss security concerns with your webhost provider.
You're leasing their property under their management. I'm not into
hacking web sites so I am not an expert on telling you how to prevent
it. I figure the webhost provider should know about that stuff. Or
start learning on your own by Googling for articles on how to hack or
prevent it.

http://www.google.com/search?q=%2Bhacking+%2Bweb+site

ŠAriŽ

On Wed, 3 Jun 2009 12:57:47 -0400, Bear Bottoms wrote:

> I have rivals who spout hate and are mean and discourteous with the
> intention to ridicule and assasinate the character of anyone they deem
> in opposition to their cause or those who don't join their team. They
> are a cult as is their ilk.
>
> I am concerned that their hate will manifest. How can I keep this cult
> from destroying my work and such?
>
> They have provided malware which shut down my wireless via my router.
> They are capable of many things....this is fact.
>
> Am I vulnerable?

I hope the **** you are, Botthole. If there is a Yahweh, I pray that He
gives the knowledge to blow your st00pid ****ing site to Hell and back,
you drug pushing, Cajun pimpsucker.
--
A fireside chat not with Ari!
http://tr.im/holj

ŠAriŽ

On Wed, 03 Jun 2009 14:38:13 -0500, Todd H. wrote:

> Bear Bottoms <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>
>> I have rivals who spout hate and are mean and discourteous with the
>> intention to ridicule and assasinate the character of anyone they deem
>> in opposition to their cause or those who don't join their team. They
>> are a cult as is their ilk.
>>
>> I am concerned that their hate will manifest. How can I keep this cult
>> from destroying my work and such?
>>
>> They have provided malware which shut down my wireless via my router.
>> They are capable of many things....this is fact.
>>
>> Am I vulnerable?

> A penetration test and/or web application security assessment are the
> commercial product offerings you seek. You'll want to choose a
> reputable, trustworthy and skilled outfit to perform it. They'll
> want signed written legal permission to perform the test.
>
> Not all such offerings are created equal. You have a range of
> services that'll run a silly scan against the target, often with lots
> of false positives, redress it and call it a report, to folks who
> really really know what they're doing giving you a very thorough
> test.
>
> They aren't cheap as the folks who do this well aren't exactly
> unskilled labor.
>
> Best Regards,

Todd, I know you mean well but do the world a favor and STFU. This guy
is an AssClown's AssClown, a shameless drug runner with a background of
shady **** as long as my Jewish nose. And that is long, let me tell ya'.

Tell me, if Bear Bottoms had killed your baby, would you still be
counseling this low lifed cretin?
--
A fireside chat not with Ari!
http://tr.im/holj

David W

On Fri, 5 Jun 2009 12:44:33 -0400, ŠAriŽ wrote:

> On Wed, 3 Jun 2009 12:57:47 -0400, Bear Bottoms wrote:
>
>> I have rivals who spout hate and are mean and discourteous with the
>> intention to ridicule and assasinate the character of anyone they deem
>> in opposition to their cause or those who don't join their team. They
>> are a cult as is their ilk.
>>
>> I am concerned that their hate will manifest. How can I keep this cult
>> from destroying my work and such?
>>
>> They have provided malware which shut down my wireless via my router.
>> They are capable of many things....this is fact.
>>
>> Am I vulnerable?

> I hope the **** you are, Botthole. If there is a Yahweh, I pray that He
> gives the knowledge to blow your st00pid ****ing site to Hell and back,
> you drug pushing, Cajun pimpsucker.

Mr. Silverstein(n), may we borrow your Velocity?

<crickets>
--
http://www.farkie.com/

ŠAriŽ

On Fri, 5 Jun 2009 12:56:00 -0400, David W wrote:

> On Fri, 5 Jun 2009 12:44:33 -0400, ŠAriŽ wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 3 Jun 2009 12:57:47 -0400, Bear Bottoms wrote:
>>
>>> I have rivals who spout hate and are mean and discourteous with the
>>> intention to ridicule and assasinate the character of anyone they deem
>>> in opposition to their cause or those who don't join their team. They
>>> are a cult as is their ilk.
>>>
>>> I am concerned that their hate will manifest. How can I keep this cult
>>> from destroying my work and such?
>>>
>>> They have provided malware which shut down my wireless via my router.
>>> They are capable of many things....this is fact.
>>>
>>> Am I vulnerable?

>> I hope the **** you are, Botthole. If there is a Yahweh, I pray that He
>> gives the knowledge to blow your st00pid ****ing site to Hell and back,
>> you drug pushing, Cajun pimpsucker.

> Mr. Silverstein(n), may we borrow your Velocity?
>
> <crickets>

About the time you get through kissing my ass, Linton. How's the prime
biz?
--
A fireside chat not with Ari!
http://tr.im/holj

Bp. L. Polk

On Jun 5, 9:47*am, ŠAriŽ <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Wed, 03 Jun 2009 14:38:13 -0500, Todd H. wrote:
> > Bear Bottoms <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> >> I have rivals who spout hate and are mean and discourteous with the
> >> intention to ridicule and assasinate the character of anyone they deem
> >> in opposition to their cause or those who don't join their team. They
> >> are a cult as is their ilk.

> >> I am concerned that their hate will manifest. How can I keep this cult
> >> from destroying my work and such?

> >> They have provided malware which shut down my wireless via my router.
> >> They are capable of many things....this is fact.

> >> Am I vulnerable?

> > A penetration test and/or web application security assessment are the
> > commercial product offerings you seek. *You'll want to choose a
> > reputable, trustworthy and skilled outfit to perform it. * *They'll
> > want signed written legal permission to perform the test. *

> > Not all such offerings are created equal. *You have a range of
> > services that'll run a silly scan against the target, often with lots
> > of false positives, redress it and call it a report, to folks who
> > really really know what they're doing giving you a very thorough
> > test. *

> > They aren't cheap as the folks *who do this well aren't exactly
> > unskilled labor.

> > Best Regards,

> Todd, I know you mean well but do the world a favor and STFU. This guy
> is an AssClown's AssClown, a shameless drug runner with a background of
> shady **** as long as my Jewish nose. And that is long, let me tell ya'.
>
> Tell me, if Bear Bottoms had killed your baby, would you still be
> counseling this low lifed cretin?
> --
> A fireside chat not with Ari!http://tr.im/holj
> Motto: Live To Spooge It!

Ari, another deadhead zombie is David W. I honestly cannot decide
whether they are the same, that is, BB and DW. Do you know? DW is
Very Antisemitic, that is one of the characteristics of this dead
soul. Advise. And good luck on your site.
B.L.P.

David W

On Fri, 5 Jun 2009 12:58:23 -0400, ŠAriŽ wrote:

> On Fri, 5 Jun 2009 12:56:00 -0400, David W wrote:

>>> I hope the **** you are, Botthole. If there is a Yahweh, I pray that He
>>> gives the knowledge to blow your st00pid ****ing site to Hell and back,
>>> you drug pushing, Cajun pimpsucker.

>> Mr. Silverstein(n), may we borrow your Velocity?
>>
>> <crickets>

> About the time you get through kissing my ass, Linton. How's the prime
> biz?

Slow but not yet slow enough to beg for a mercy job. I see that you
have found our favorite pond scum?
--
http://www.farkie.com/

ŠAriŽ

On Fri, 5 Jun 2009 09:58:41 -0700 (PDT), Bp. L. Polk wrote:

> On Jun 5, 9:47*am, ŠAriŽ <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>> A penetration test and/or web application security assessment are the
>>> commercial product offerings you seek. *You'll want to choose a
>>> reputable, trustworthy and skilled outfit to perform it. * *They'll
>>> want signed written legal permission to perform the test. *

>>> Not all such offerings are created equal. *You have a range of
>>> services that'll run a silly scan against the target, often with lots
>>> of false positives, redress it and call it a report, to folks who
>>> really really know what they're doing giving you a very thorough
>>> test. *

>>> They aren't cheap as the folks *who do this well aren't exactly
>>> unskilled labor.

>>> Best Regards,

>> Todd, I know you mean well but do the world a favor and STFU. This guy
>> is an AssClown's AssClown, a shameless drug runner with a background of
>> shady **** as long as my Jewish nose. And that is long, let me tell ya'.
>>
>> Tell me, if Bear Bottoms had killed your baby, would you still be
>> counseling this low lifed cretin?
>> --
>> A fireside chat not with Ari!http://tr.im/holj
>> Motto: Live To Spooge It!

> Ari, another deadhead zombie is David W. I honestly cannot decide
> whether they are the same, that is, BB and DW. Do you know? DW is
> Very Antisemitic, that is one of the characteristics of this dead
> soul. Advise. And good luck on your site.
> B.L.P.

Linton anti-JewBall? lol

Hardly considering he's married to a Wailing Wall Princess.
--
A fireside chat not with Ari!
http://tr.im/holj