Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > how do I find ssoftware for not-supported UPS backup Blackout BusterB6U/set power option settings

how do I find ssoftware for not-supported UPS backup Blackout BusterB6U/set power option settings

ArtL7

I'm looking for a manual and software to go with my PK electronics
Blackout Buster B6U that handles surge protection and battery backup
in case of a power failure. But
The PK electronics or whatever has changed hands, and no longer makes
the product and I can't find software or manual for it.

and then I want to download the software for it, if any,, because
under advanced power options, it says:
Uninterruptable Power supply:
the status is greyed out
the manufactuer is listed as "none"
then final line says: The UPS service is current stopped.

What do I do about this, and if the hardware is lit up with all the
power cords going into the blackoutbuster is my equipment still
protected with those settings --? Or what does it mean?

And where can I learn more about what to do?

thanatoid

ArtL7 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed)
ups.com:

> I'm looking for a manual and software to go with my PK
> electronics Blackout Buster B6U that handles surge
> protection and battery backup in case of a power failure.
> But The PK electronics or whatever has changed hands, and
> no longer makes the product and I can't find software or
> manual for it.
>
> and then I want to download the software for it, if any,,
> because under advanced power options, it says:
> Uninterruptable Power supply:
> the status is greyed out
> the manufactuer is listed as "none"
> then final line says: The UPS service is current stopped.
>

> What do I do about this, and if the hardware is lit up with
> all the power cords going into the blackoutbuster is my
> equipment still protected with those settings --? Or what
> does it mean?
>
> And where can I learn more about what to do?

The only software you need for an UPS is if you want to monitor
its real-time performance, do some time-scheduled things, or
fiddle with very advanced settings, IOW you don't need it.

Plug a 100W lamp into the outlets on the back, one at a time,
and see if the lamp works when you pull the UPS plug out of the
wall socket. See how many 100W lamps you can power off the thing
for how long if you want to know what its approximate capacity
is.

If you haven't used it for a while leave it plugged in overnight
first so the battery can recharge.

If you REALLY want to know the /quality/ of the AC signal -
although if it works, it probably works OK - buy or borrow a
voltmeter and measure it.

You can take it to any decent electrical repair shop if you
don't want to do any of the above and they'll tell you if it's
OK. Batteries can be gotten almost anywhere.

Hopefully this is all you needed to know.

--
Lots of theoretical butchers are alleged and other bloody eyes
are suitable, but will Pam secure that?