Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > newbie: ASP.NET 2.0 GridView control - Getting it to show data on button click

newbie: ASP.NET 2.0 GridView control - Getting it to show data on button click

Shikari Shambu

I have a page with two text fields and a button. On button click, I want to
populate the gridview with data returned by a sqldatasource that executes a
stored procedure that accepts the values of the two text fields as
parameters.

I think I have done everything necessary but nothing shows up - the grid
does not show up on a post. I am not sure what I am missing.

Please help

Thanks in advance

shawpnendu shawpnendu is offline
Junior Member
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh

COULD YOU PLZ POST YOUR CODE HERE? IT WILL HELP OTHERS TO FIND OUT THE PROBLEM.

FEW CHECKPOINTS:
1. CHECK that ispostback wrap up the code.
2. Debug to find out the row count that you bind in the gridview.
3. Run EXEC TSQL from sql server to ensure that your sp can return the value.

REGARDS
shawpnendu.blogspot.com

Joy

Hi,