Velocity Reviews > General Discussion > Front Page News > Sapphire HD4770 512MB

Sapphire HD4770 512MB

Ian Ian is offline
Administrator
Ian's Avatar

Bjorn 3D take a look at the Sapphire HD4770 512MB graphics card, an improvement on the past offerings from ATI:

Quote:
The Sapphire HD4770 performance was not at all what I was expecting. Normally, when we think about mid range video cards, we think they are the bottom of the barrel and will only play our games at a bare minimum settings. This was not the case with the HD4770 video card. It not only managed to play games at a decent frame rate, it managed to do so with high graphic settings and also with a decent resolution of 1680 x 1050. Where things turn to the worst with this video card was when I started to apply AA. That's when the HD4770 video card was brought to its knees. Having a limited memory of 512MBs is one of the causes of this significant drop of frame rates. Another reason is the driver needs some serious updating.
Read the review here.