Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > SmtpMail in ASP.NET

SmtpMail in ASP.NET

Jay

I have successfully used SMPT Mail in ASP.NET to send single emails with and without attachments, etc. Now I have a situation where I need to send emails to 200 people at a time. Is there some kind of buffer limit I need to be aware of in ASP.NET or the SMTP (System.Web.Mail) classes when sending emails. We had a situation with ASP where we had to break the email distribution list into sections to send out an email to a large number of people. I never understood why we could not accomodate even a moderate number email addresses. The default limit for Exchange is 5000 emails. So Exchange could not be our problem unless our IS guys set an extremely low limit.

Anyway are there buffer limits I need to be aware of in ASP.NET when sending emails.

Jay

Dhaval Faria

Hi Jay,

I have tried sending more then 700+ e-mails all together using ASP.NET SMTP
Mail, but didn't found any problem, yet it takes a little time.

Dhaval Faria.
Microsoft India Community Star
Founder, Programmer.
Hirdhav (http://www.hirdhav.com)

"Jay" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:#VfPkp$(E-Mail Removed)...
[...]

Did you try creating another thread to send the emails so that they could be sent asynchronously.

Jay