Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > NOD32 - How to block web access to program

NOD32 - How to block web access to program

Lukus

I want to block a specific application from accessing the internet
using NOD32 Antivirus 4. How do I do that?

TIA

thanatoid

Lukus <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed)
oups.com:

> I want to block a specific application from accessing the
> internet using NOD32 Antivirus 4. How do I do that?
>
> TIA

I use the 98SE NOD version 3, but I do not believe any AV
programs offer this feature. If you can't find info on how to do
it in the help file, you can do it easily if you have a decent
firewall.

My firewall (8 years old Agnitum Outpost 1, free) /makes me/
enable applications to access the net or nothing doing. A few
times I was tearing out my hair before I finally remembered (and
eventually for good) that I have to specifically /add/ the app.

Most firewalls either do THAT, and some /may/ let you specify
which app(s) under /no circumstances/ connect to the net.

Of course, if you are using XP (1/5 spyware) or Vista (1/3
spyware) you may not be able to do anything about parts of the
OS gathering info on you for the good of the homeland.

Also, remember that almost any browser (OffByOne excepted) can
do lots of things with/to your machine without you being aware
of it. Another subject but something to keep in mind.

--
Lots of theoretical butchers are alleged and other bloody eyes
are suitable, but will Pam secure that?

Lukus

On May 31, 6:57*pm, thanatoid <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I use the 98SE NOD version 3, but I do not believe any AV
> programs offer this feature. If you can't find info on how to do
> it in the help file, you can do it easily if you have a decent
> firewall.
>
> My firewall (8 years old Agnitum Outpost 1, free) /makes me/
> enable applications to access the net or nothing doing. A few
> times I was tearing out my hair before I finally remembered (and
> eventually for good) that I have to specifically /add/ the app.
>
> Most firewalls either do THAT, and some /may/ let you specify
> which app(s) under /no circumstances/ connect to the net.

I'm pretty sure NOD32 lets you block apps from access the web... I
know it blocks ports and webpages.

Mike Easter

Lukus wrote:

> I'm pretty sure NOD32 lets you block apps from access the web... I
> know it blocks ports and webpages.

NOD32 is an AV program made by ESET. ESET (also) sells a security suite
ESET Smart Security which consists of a firewall and AV. What you are
describing is the role of a so-called personal software firewall - to be
distinguished from a genuine hardware firewall.

http://www.eset.com/smartsecurity/ Firewall software, antispam,
antispyware,

--
Mike Easter

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

Lukus <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I want to block a specific application from accessing the internet
>using NOD32 Antivirus 4. How do I do that?

I use NOD32 I don't block sites with it.
I use a HOSTS file for this http://someonewhocares.org/hosts/hosts
(The one I use)

If the site you wish to block isn't already there, add it yourself

As the HOSTS file is updated quite a bit - it's best to keep your IP
addresses at the top and together so you can just copy and paste
to the updated one.

While I don't support this HOSTS file,
http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm it explains what a HOSTS
file does for you.

Just noticed that the MPV HOSTS file is twice the size as the
http://someonewhocares.org one - the MPV could block too much, not
letting you onto sites you frequent (remove the entry) - or be a
better HOSTS file. I don't know.
--
Fix a hard drive in a freezer,
a graphic's card using an oven.

Lukus

On May 31, 8:36*pm, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> *Lukus <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >I want to block a specific application from accessing the internet
> >using NOD32 Antivirus 4. How do I do that?

> I use NOD32 I don't block sites with it.
> I use a HOSTS file for thishttp://someonewhocares.org/hosts/hosts
> (The one I use)
>
> If the site you wish to block isn't already there, add it yourself
>
> As the HOSTS file is updated quite a bit - it's best to keep *your IP
> addresses at the top and together so you can just copy and paste
> to the updated one.
>
> While I don't support this HOSTS file,http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htmit explains what a HOSTS
> file does for you.
>
> Just noticed that the MPV HOSTS file is twice the size as thehttp://someonewhocares.orgone - the MPV could block too much, not
> letting you onto sites you frequent (remove the entry) - or be a
> better HOSTS file. I don't know.
> --
> Fix a hard drive in a freezer,
> a graphic's card using an oven.http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1421792
> Also (above links tohttp://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=606658

I'm not trying to block a site... I want to block an application in my
computer from accessing the internet.

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

Lukus <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I'm not trying to block a site... I want to block an application in my
>computer from accessing the internet.

> I want to block a specific application

Oh ya, my bad.

Then no, I just looked.

Run a firewall that's what they are for.
--
Fix a hard drive in a freezer,
a graphic's card using an oven.
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1421792
Also (above links to
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=606658

p.sivanesan p.sivanesan is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukus View Post
I want to block a specific application from accessing the internet
using NOD32 Antivirus 4. How do I do that?

TIA
found a way, try as per attached image in series.
Attached Images
File Type: png 1.PNG (87.6 KB, 189 views)
File Type: png 2.PNG (93.8 KB, 176 views)
File Type: png 3.PNG (81.6 KB, 169 views)
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (70.0 KB, 167 views)

minky93 minky93 is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by p.sivanesan View Post
found a way, try as per attached image in series.
Many Many thanks! p.sivanesan.. I have been searching for a way to block an app in eset.. thanks for taking the time to post the solution.. most appreciated..

NotATroller NotATroller is offline
Junior Member

Okay so what you do is you hit the app with an hammer then get a screwdriver and make it go right through your monitor okay now this is the most important part Fap fap Fap fap fap fap!!!!! if you dont fap it wont work Good Luck!