Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > My anti-forgery solution

My anti-forgery solution

Richard Heathfield

As you can see in my new sig below, I've come up with a solution
so that instead of a lot of noise along the lines of "check the
headers!" or "invalid digital sig!" we have a lot of noise along
the lines of "check the website link!"

I haven't performed the necessary measurements, but I believe
having to click a website link shaves off a few milliseconds of
time compared with having to check post headers.

Moreover, with my astute understanding of human nature, I have
concluded that regulars and newcomers alike don't mind clicking
a link every time /I/ post to this group. Therefore, everyone
will be aware of forged posts, and there shouldn't be any of
the aforementioned noise anyway.

Newcomer confusion and the resulting noise have been effectively
handled with the same problem-solving and lateral-thinking skills
that I use in my professional programming life. I've even
managed to make the solution efficient this time around.

Released into the public domain. Comments welcome.

Email: -http://www. +rjh@
Forged article? See
http://www.cpax.org.uk/prg/usenet/co....c/msgauth.php